How much are you bills each month.. how does it compare to your monthly income?

Ma171aC said:
good to see a man taking care of his responsibilities..

:drool: need a cabana boy?

Actually, I've been looking for someone with strong hands to rub coconut butter twixt my nethers.

House #1 - ~$1900
House #2 - ~$800
Apartment - $1400
Taxes on other land - $100
Life insurance - $50
Cell phone - $50
House phone - $60
Cable - ~$120 (work pays part of it)
Car - $450
Satellite - $70
Other utilities of various sorts - $250 altogether
Oil - $200
Wife's student loans - ~$700 I think
Car insurance - $150

I get paid with beer and bananas

ChikkenNoodul said:
House #1 - ~$1900
House #2 - ~$800
Apartment - $1400
Taxes on other land - $100
Life insurance - $50
Cell phone - $50
House phone - $60
Cable - ~$120 (work pays part of it)
Car - $450
Satellite - $70
Other utilities of various sorts - $250 altogether
Oil - $200 (350 this year)
Wife's student loans - ~$700 I think
Car insurance - $150

I get paid with beer and bananas

Fixt, from what I gather from talking to my uncle in Minnesota.

kiwi said:
You suck. :p
SchmilK and Flynavy split the cable, electric and gas.

I do buy groceries for the house.

I'm trying to kick Flynavy out, anyone want a roommate?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Nope, that's this years cost

We weren't on a payment plan before, just paid for it whenever they filled it.

550 gallons worth HAAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW

Oh, okay. So what was it last year for you?

Sarcasmo said:
Oh, okay. So what was it last year for you?
I don't remember, it wasn't on much because the furnace died during a deep freeze and the plumbing and forced hot water pipes all exploded, taking out the furnace with 'em

It wasn't really 'fixed' until feb/march, and come to find out it wasn't fixed at all - spent most of last weekend fixing leaks in the heating system and rewiring a circulator just to get it running enough to not freeze. This weekend we have to completely re-wire the whole system, new thermostat wiring and thermostats, and a new circulator.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I don't remember, it wasn't on much because the furnace died during a deep freeze and the plumbing and forced hot water pipes all exploded, taking out the furnace with 'em

It wasn't really 'fixed' until feb/march, and come to find out it wasn't fixed at all - spent most of last weekend fixing leaks in the heating system and rewiring a circulator just to get it running enough to not freeze. This weekend we have to completely re-wire the whole system, new thermostat wiring and thermostats, and a new circulator.

Um...wow? It's a good thing you found that out now. You haven't much time left.

Electric bill is what kills us down here. From march to september the AC runs constantly. And this is in a new house. I put solar screens on the house, and that knocked a sliver off the bill. Next Im gonna go up inthe attic and spray another foot of insulation, and maybe put a couple more vents on the roof.

Drool-Boy said:
Electric bill is what kills us down here. From march to september the AC runs constantly. And this is in a new house. I put solar screens on the house, and that knocked a sliver off the bill. Next Im gonna go up inthe attic and spray another foot of insulation, and maybe put a couple more vents on the roof.

We also had an extremely hot summer this year and started runnning the AC all day in May till August (not as long as you, but we aren't Texas either). The bill was twice as high as it got last summer.

Drool-Boy said:
The insulation in the attic should help, that's where most houses have efficiency issues.

Drool-Boy said:
Do solar screens accomplish the same thing as low-E glass? Cuz that helps a LOT, wasn't worth it for the new house since it doesn't get that hot but our last car had 'em and it's a night and day difference

Sarcasmo said:
Um...wow? It's a good thing you found that out now. You haven't much time left.
Yeah....turned on the system 2 weekends ago and it leaked like crazy, turned it all back off and drained the whole system last week to fix the leak

The contractor apparantly didn't do one single thing right

On the plus side, I could now probably install heating systems for a living if I had to

ChikkenNoodul said:
Do solar screens accomplish the same thing as low-E glass? Cuz that helps a LOT, wasn't worth it for the new house since it doesn't get that hot but our last car had 'em and it's a night and day difference

Sorta. The screens deflect most of the light & heat before it hits the window.
It works pretty well, but I wouldnt call it a night & day difference.