how do you hold...

Bubbles said:
you really are a sissy

Okay, that's not entirely true. I'm just a transmission murderer when I do. I'm not very coordinated in some ways. I can't do the rub-your-head-while-rubbing-your-tummy thing and I can't shift and steer and brake and accelerate and clutch and concentrate on the people around me without killing everyone.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Now the guy that almost hit me this morning had his knee at 6 o'clock, left at cellphone, and right at electric shaver

There was a guy in front of me who had a cigarette in his left hand, steering wheel in his right, cellphone on his left shoulder.

He was driving a manual transmission.

ChikkenNoodul said:
For some reason the people that can do all that aren't as harebrained as the ones with merely a cellphone or one or two other things going on
i'm one of these.:oook:

Thorn Bird said:
i'm one of these.:oook:
As long as you're not driving a Volvo station wagon and change lanes while talking on the phone and not looking we're ok :D

And they have the gall to curse and yell at me, when I honk or politely kick their door when they come into my lane. Yes lady, that finger gesture certainly belies the sophistication that lurks within that business suit and Cartier watch :rolleyes:

ChikkenNoodul said:
As long as you're not driving a Volvo station wagon and change lanes while talking on the phone and not looking we're ok :D

And they have the gall to curse and yell at me, when I honk or politely kick their door when they come into my lane. Yes lady, that finger gesture certainly belies the sophistication that lurks within that business suit and Cartier watch :rolleyes:

i'm not lucky enough for a volvo. i'm a very good driver, and i'm one who can manage to cell phone and drive. driving's never something i put on the back burner.

ChikkenNoodul said:
For some reason the people that can do all that aren't as harebrained as the ones with merely a cellphone or one or two other things going on

Except for the fact that as I was driving behind him, I had to brake every time he shifted (to maintain proper clearance) he didn't not switch hands. He shifted with his left hand.