Ontopic Hot Deals Thread

There's SO much info in each one. Why lamb is the way it is, why this goes with that. I'll end up seeing something that interests me and read it, usually leaving with "so THAT's why"

a few yrs back I got the 100 best recipes mag as a gift. There was a 2-3 page article 'here's how to debone a skin on-chx breast, and cook it properly in a cast iron pan.' (& the reasons why it's best to do it the way they describe) Sounds easy enough right? I follow the directions (zero special ingredients. I think rosemary was used in the super simple pan sauce at the end) & as I'm eating it I'm thinking 'this is pretty fucking good.' & my daughter, mid bite, says "this is the best chicken I've ever had."

That was 4-5 yrs ago. If I've spent on average $7/yr for 5 yrs on the mag, that would =$35 so far. Would I have spent $35 to even just cook chx that good, with her one comment, yes. Yes, I would.

Highly recommended by ATK/Cooks Illus. bread knife.

https://www.amazon.com/Mercer-Culin...views/B000PS1HS6/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?

$13.39 looks like it dips down to this price frequently the past few mos. imo, that usually means a new, more expensive, model is coming.

I'm in for 1. Moving my $2.99 bread knife to the camping set.
I love this review of it!:p

Blues 'n BBQ

5.0 out of 5 starsBe careful.. it's really sharp!
June 21, 2017
This is one sharp knife. I have 8 stitches in my left index finger to prove it. That, of course, was my fault and the result of a momentary lack of attention while slicing a loaf of ciabatta bread. But I can say with very personal authority that this knife slices cleanly and almost painlessly. It has a great feel (on the handle end..) and makes quick work of any kind of bread. I highly recommend it.