• What?

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I can get a BFG GeForce 7800 GTX for $390, free shipping, not including tax. The card has an MSRP of $599. While I'm still paying $400 for a video card, that is a hellva deal. Do I bite?

nah. Well maybe. When do you think you'll upgrade next? Do you have a PCI Express board or is this AGP?

theacoustician said:
For a new PC. I've been given the green light to build.

To get a decent performing current gen card you'd have to spend $150 minimum. So you're talking $240 more for it. Is that worth it to you?

Coqui said:
Let me rephrase: Why do you need that kind of video card?

If he only upgrades every 2-3 years then its probably not a bad idea. If he upgrades every year he's better off buying a cheaper card.

smileynev said:
If he only upgrades every 2-3 years then its probably not a bad idea. If he upgrades every year he's better off buying a cheaper card.

I upgrade every 3-4 years and still don't get top of the line. My computers 1.5 years old and still performs without any lag.

And if he's going to play solitaire, there's no need for even an AGP card

Coqui said:
I upgrade every 3-4 years and still don't get top of the line. My computers 1.5 years old and still performs without any lag.

I'm talking about video cards. how old is your video card?

Coqui said:

And if he's going to play solitaire, there's no need for even an AGP card
I used to do that. I've gotten sick of programs not even installing because they tell me my current Radeon 8500 is too weaksauce.