Hot Deal:Canon A95 and 256MB Flash for $210

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,012
22,839
1,073
Steam
mattressfish

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Add back the 6.61 because most people don't use the FatWallet card, add $15 or so for shipping, and you get it for ~240. Still pretty good.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,012
22,839
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
Add back the 6.61 because most people don't use the FatWallet card, add $15 or so for shipping, and you get it for ~240. Still pretty good.
I assume that its free shipping or that would have been included.

edit:
Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $49!
 
Last edited:

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
fly said:
I assume that its free shipping or that would have been included.

edit:
Only if you want to send it via UPS ground :barf:

Also, since you're in Florida, you get to pay sales tax.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,012
22,839
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
Only if you want to send it via UPS ground :barf:

Also, since you're in Florida, you get to pay sales tax.
Stop arguing with me, its free shipping. Who cares when it arrives dammit?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
fly said:
Stop arguing with me, its free shipping. Who cares when it arrives dammit?
The last 3 times I used UPS Ground my package ended up looking like April sat on it. Ask Pandora. There is no way I would trust shipping electronics that method. Spend the $11 to at least get it shipped 2 day. They tend to take care of the shit then.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,012
22,839
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
The last 3 times I used UPS Ground my package ended up looking like April sat on it. Ask Pandora. There is no way I would trust shipping electronics that method. Spend the $11 to at least get it shipped 2 day. They tend to take care of the shit then.
Was the item damaged? If so, UPS pays for it. No biggie.
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
fly said:
Was the item damaged? If so, UPS pays for it. No biggie.
I guess it just depends on what you want to do, save $10 or fight UPS for damages and wait weeks on an RMA. I suppose if the money is tight and you can wait, go with it. If not, use FedEx and pay a little extra. It's still a good deal, just not as hot as the FW'ers make it to be. They do that with every deal they post, so you just have to take them with a grain of salt.
 

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
68,069
1,525
923
I've gotten packages that were obviously beaten on from both carriers...they both suck imo so just deal with it and use whoever is cheaper
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,012
22,839
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
theacoustician said:
I guess it just depends on what you want to do, save $10 or fight UPS for damages and wait weeks on an RMA. I suppose if the money is tight and you can wait, go with it. If not, use FedEx and pay a little extra. It's still a good deal, just not as hot as the FW'ers make it to be. They do that with every deal they post, so you just have to take them with a grain of salt.
Seriously, what percetage of packages shipped by UPS are damaged to the point that they need repair. And that is a DAMN good deal. How much did you pay for yours?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
fly said:
Seriously, what percetage of packages shipped by UPS are damaged to the point that they need repair. And that is a DAMN good deal. How much did you pay for yours?
Seriously, I'd say in the past 3 years, I've had at least 2 things I've needed to RMA because of UPS. They tend to like to blame the shipper and not pay you shit. It's a hastle. Like I said, if you're in no hurry, whatever.

Mine was just under $300 with a 1 Gig flash card purchased from Dell in January shipped 2-day.
 
I've had zillions of packages be late thanks to UPS, but only one damaged - and it was one I was sending and it was because the driver was a fucking moron and dropped a 27" TV down a flight of stairs.

Oh, and I guess they lost two packages going to India and Thailand on me, but I think that's because they don't deliver to piles of goat dung.