Hospital Charges

You know, despite your popular opinion .. you don't know everything. It's funny .. I went to "regular" doctors for 3 months and they did nothing for my neck. Absolutely nothing. I threw up everytime i stood or sat up. And I had a constant migrane that never went away without a shot of immatrex (and after it wore off it came right back). The vertebre was pressing on the artery taking blood to my brain, which is why I would throw up and have a migrane.

After 5 visits to the chiropractor he got the vertebre to stay into alignment and I stopped throwing up. Haven't had any problems since.

A chiropractor can't prescribe you pain meds .. so people think they aren't real doctors. But until you have a problem with your spine and go to one .. don't knock it.

Last edited:
You know, despite your popular opinion .. you don't know everything. It's funny .. I went to "regular" doctors for 3 months and they did nothing for my neck. Absolutely nothing. I threw up everytime i stood or sat up. And I had a constant migrane that never went away without a shot of immatrex (and after it wore off it came right back). The vertebre was pressing on the artery taking blood to my brain, which is why I would throw up and have a migrane.

After 5 visits to the chiropractor he got the vertebre to stay into alignment and I stopped throwing up. Haven't had any problems since.

A chiropractor can't prescribe you pain meds .. so people think they aren't real doctors. But until you have a problem with your spine and go to one .. don't knock it.
Wtf are you on about? I added that as an afterthought, there are 3 full paragraphs right before it that were the subject of the post.

This is an afterthought as well: '...can't prescribe you pain meds' '...so people think they aren't real doctors', no idea who 'people' are but that is some of the stupidest logic I've ever heard. Chiropractors aren't real doctors because their practice is unscientific to the point of being quasi religious: '95% of all disease is due to impingements of the nervous system in the spine; the other 5% is due to impingements outside the spine, especially in the joints of the feet' -D.D. Palmer (founder of chiropractic). It is like scientology.

The fact you went that it worked isnt suprising: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo . What you should be thinking when it comes to things like this is, a) the chiropractor is likely the person who told you what was 'wrong', b) you (and myself) are not trained extensively in anatomy, just because you see something and someone tells you it is wrong doesnt mean it just isnt always like that, c) you obviously had already condemned doctors as being unable to help you, making you open to the suggestion that something else is more likely to work, d) over this course of time something else that may have been 'wrong' with you couldve easily just self corrected and you happened to be seeing the chiropractor at the same time (this is where the doubt about their profession has always been valid, some people will feel fine after seeing them and then have to come in again repeatedly, as would happen with a placebo effect wearing off and the problem resurfacing).

That all is NOT even relevant to what my other post was about though. Hospitals are businesses, x-rays, examinations etc. all cost money, even if they dont work for you. That is the inherent financial risk you take on when you walk through the door and ask them to treat you. Legally, the only thing they have to do is provide a reasonable amount good practice as dictated by their profession. Just like other licenced professions (think Architects, Lawyers, some types of Engineers etc., if you hire a lawyer for a criminal case you still pay them by the hour, it would be financial suicide to agree for payment on result).

ok .. that's true .. but people sue hospitals for their level of care all the time. It's what their malpractice insurance is for. It's due to them not performing the level of care they should.

People rufuse to pay for services rendered all the time when they disagree with the services rendered. People refuse to pay contractors, lawyers, ect for lack of proper services all the time. It's no different with a hospital.

They most definately did not perform any level of care, they ordered up tests they really didn't need, shoved some pills in my hand when they couldn't figure it out, and shoved me out the door *next* I found it rather odd since a chiropractor was able to look at their own xrays (the ones taken at the hospital .. that I purchased from them to take to the Chiro) and saw a problem in less than 30 seconds that they (being the hospital) hadn't seen in 3 months.

It wasn't hard to look at the vertebre of my neck and see that one in the middle was turned all the way to the side. It wasn't "placebo" effect.

But thanks for your input.

ok .. that's true .. but people sue hospitals for their level of care all the time. It's what their malpractice insurance is for. It's due to them not performing the level of care they should.

People rufuse to pay for services rendered all the time when they disagree with the services rendered. People refuse to pay contractors, lawyers, ect for lack of proper services all the time. It's no different with a hospital.

They most definately did not perform any level of care, they ordered up tests they really didn't need, shoved some pills in my hand when they couldn't figure it out, and shoved me out the door *next* I found it rather odd since a chiropractor was able to look at their own xrays (the ones taken at the hospital .. that I purchased from them to take to the Chiro) and saw a problem in less than 30 seconds that they (being the hospital) hadn't seen in 3 months.

It wasn't hard to look at the vertebre of my neck and see that one in the middle was turned all the way to the side. It wasn't "placebo" effect.

But thanks for your input.
I've already mentioned that people dont pay and even put out an explanation on what happens when they dont:

ZRH said:
they've probably already deducted it from their taxes as a bad debt. In a few years they'll probably houseclean and sell all their bad debts to a collection agency for pennies on the dollar.

zomg! But I'm not talking about 'people', these things you keep bringing up in almost every post you make. I'm talking about you and your post bragging about not paying someone, anyone, for something you did agree to pay. Threatening even to take them to court :lol: Even if 'people' do it, it doesnt make it right.

It comes down to the point that they did not cause you harm (malpractice tort) and they didnt do anything that could be construed as a contract for payment based on outcome (contract suit). So you are not in the right. I really dont care either way, but the constant everyone-is-out-to-get-me-and-nothing-is-my-fault posts are becoming highly annoying.