Home Theatre Question...

theacoustician said:
If Steve Jobs came up to you and said "Let me implant this into your head", you know you'd let him.

If he was talking about his penis, sure. Otherwise no. Whats the point of having an Apple designed device if noone can see it, anyway?

smileynev said:
If he was talking about his penis, sure. Otherwise no. Whats the point of having an Apple designed device if noone can see it, anyway?
He could glue a logo to your forehead so everyone knew you had the iBrain. Then you would really be a Mac head.

I want to be compatible with more then 3% of the population. I also don't want built in obsolescence.

smileynev said:
I want to be compatible with more then 3% of the population. I also don't want built in obsolescence.
That's very free thinking of you, you're going to get your club membership revoked by the boys in Cuppertino.

Drool-Boy said:
doom 3 for mac just went gold!

I KNOW, I'm gonna run out and buy it right away. Wait, you're telling me it won't run on my iBook? Well, thats cool, I just go drop $3000 on a nice dual G5 system to get it to run at 40 FPS. No problem

smileynev said:
I KNOW, I'm gonna run out and buy it right away. Wait, you're telling me it won't run on my iBook? Well, thats cool, I just go drop $3000 on a nice dual G5 system to get it to run at 40 FPS. No problem
You're such a computing snob, gosh. You could go to WalMart and buy a PC for $399 and get it to play Doom just fine.

theacoustician said:
You're such a computing snob, gosh. You could go to WalMart and buy a PC for $399 and get it to play Doom just fine.

Pshhhha. Instead of wasting that $399, I can put it in the bank and save until I can get something worthwhile. Ya know, a Cray or something.

smileynev said:
Pshhhha. Instead of wasting that $399, I can put it in the bank and save until I can get something worthwhile. Ya know, a Cray or something.
Pfft, yeah cause Cray's really took off well in the consumer market. Fuck this, I'm going to WalMart and buying whatever is cheap. I have a family, you know.

theacoustician said:
Pfft, yeah cause Cray's really took off well in the consumer market. Fuck this, I'm going to WalMart and buying whatever is cheap. I have a family, you know.

Cats > kids.

theacoustician said:
Your life is a complete waste of time unless you pop out a bunch of kids.

Some of us aren't meant to be snot rags and vomit towels for the little buggers. Pets give me all the benefits with none of the drawbacks. Kids just drain your life and your wallet.

smileynev said:
Some of us aren't meant to be snot rags and vomit towels for the little buggers. Pets give me all the benefits with none of the drawbacks. Kids just drain your life and your wallet.
But breeding your own retirement plan is so easy and cheap!

theacoustician said:
But breeding your own retirement plan is so easy and cheap!

So is saving your money like a responsible adult. I can save even more if I forego the things that would make me happy in the short term until I am too old to appreciate them later.