Thread Home inspections! They do nothing!

I can't wait for this weather to chill out so I can crank my AC down...

It's been almost 2 years since I could really turn it off for any real amount of time.

This is why you buy a new home, when possible.
And get a house with PEX pipes, OSB i-beams for floor joists, OSB everywhere else that it can be used, ultralight drywall, and zero build quality to boot? fuck that.

Buy a home made in the mid 80s to early 90s. People had money then, and didn't want to blow it on shit like heated floors.

And get a house with PEX pipes, OSB i-beams for floor joists, OSB everywhere else that it can be used, ultralight drywall, and zero build quality to boot? fuck that.

Buy a home made in the mid 80s to early 90s. People had money then, and didn't want to blow it on shit like heated floors.

. I thought you were advocating for osb everything at first, I was about to bitch slap you

I thought you were advocating for osb everything at first, I was about to bitch slap you
When I was framing my shed, I put down an OSB floor instead of plywood. figured it's it's inside the building's vapor envelope, it wouldn't get wet ordinarily, etc. I did everything proper, ran them perpendicular to the floor joists. It was solid.

Then when I was building the roof framing, we had a week of hard rain. The OSB swelled and I now had a spongy floor, end up putting plywood on top of it before I put down the flooring.

When I was framing my shed, I put down an OSB floor instead of plywood. figured it's it's inside the building's vapor envelope, it wouldn't get wet ordinarily, etc. I did everything proper, ran them perpendicular to the floor joists. It was solid.

Then when I was building the roof framing, we had a week of hard rain. The OSB swelled and I now had a spongy floor, end up putting plywood on top of it before I put down the flooring.

No wet inside? What about dog piss!

Its pouring rain, and this is the house going up behind me

OE4GPCV.jpg

yep. thats all OSB.