Holidy Tipping (old school) who does it?

Sarcasmo said:
I've IM'ed you, but you were busy wretching into the toilet or something and didn't answer. :(

I stopped signing on because no one ever IM'd and I have only 256 something or other of RAM so the computer runs real slow when it's on.

And I don't wretch in the toilet, I do it curled up fetal position in a hot shower. :fly:

My wife usually bakes cookies for the Mailman and Garbage men. I tip my barber well all year so I don't feel obligated to cough up anything extra cause of the holidays.

This year will be a little different, since the garbage pick up is now auto-mated, we got giant cans that get picked up and dumped by a hydraulic arm. The garbage man doesn't do anything but drive and hit a button, so no cookies for him.

Mailcarrie will still get cookies.

Funny story - one year the garbage man drove his kids through the neighborhood and had them drop off cards SOLICITING FSCKING TIPS.
:tard:
Needless to say the man didn't get any cookies that year.

Do you leave the mailmans cookies in the mailbox and the garbage man cookies in the trash can?

I'm so popping sleep medicine and IMing Bubbles. " I'm telling you it's crosswire in the right hand drawer that will get us out of this"

b_sinning said:
Do you leave the mailmans cookies in the mailbox and the garbage man cookies in the trash can?

No, I generally hide them around the neighborhood and make them hunt for them.

lemon_fresh said:
No, I generally hide them around the neighborhood and make them hunt for them.

it's a cookie treasure hunt ....:D

Paperboy and mailman.

I use to get tips as a paper carrier, the people who didnt tip, well, not everyone needs the paper in the door. Actually as far as I care if it's on your property it's delivered. Through the window? Even better!

Nope.

I cut my own hair, I only recently started being there when the mailman comes and the only thing waste management does is pull up with a claw and dunk the container in the dumpster. only one I would consider is the mailman but its not like I ever see him.

lemon_fresh said:
My wife usually bakes cookies for the Mailman and Garbage men. I tip my barber well all year so I don't feel obligated to cough up anything extra cause of the holidays.

This year will be a little different, since the garbage pick up is now auto-mated, we got giant cans that get picked up and dumped by a hydraulic arm. The garbage man doesn't do anything but drive and hit a button, so no cookies for him.

Mailcarrie will still get cookies.

Funny story - one year the garbage man drove his kids through the neighborhood and had them drop off cards SOLICITING FSCKING TIPS.
:tard:
Needless to say the man didn't get any cookies that year.

Be careful that the mailcarrier doesn't slip on your steps retrieving the cookies.

So, without reading this thread, and knowing it got derailed, I wanted to point out that TIPS is an acronym. It means To Insure Prompt Service. It used to be, and still is in some other countries, that you had to TIP first and then you'd get service. Perhaps if we all tipped we would get better service.

fly said:
Be careful that the mailcarrier doesn't slip on your steps retrieving the cookies.
Next time that happens I will tackle it in either one of two ways:
I'll kill the person who fell, making it look like they broke their neck in the fall and deal w/ the wrongful death suit.
Or
I'll ask for a 30% cut and tell the Insurance Co how I knew the shit was slippery and dangerous.

Last edited: