Holiday Cards, Baking, etc

I suddenly have twice as many toys in baskets and arrayed on horizontal surfaces around my living room.

Nothing like stepping on an Elmo in the dark when you're holding a glass of scotch...

Wait till it's cars or dolls hands (the hard kind) or blocks, those things hurt!

i can listen to kids' toys all day. fine. whatever. but after bedtime, if any one of those damn toys makes a noise, it drives me APESHIT. it's MY time, and i DON'T want ANY of my brainwaves thinking about toys and sounds and blah.

So what are the after holiday rituals for you people. Do you keep the decorations up? Keep up with the egg nog?

I had my tree and decorations packed and stored on the 26th.

Despite the fact that I don't consider myself christian, I can't swallow the idea of taking down the decorations until after the 12th day of Christmas. Also, I'm extremely lazy. Usually the tree stays up until May or so. I didn't even get my tree decorated until Christmas day because I was so sick. I don't understand why people are in such a hurry to shun the holiday season before it's over though.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take it all down now or wait till after the New Year. I really want to paint next week though, so if I can get out to buy some gallons of paint this week, it will all come down so I can get started as soon as possible next week.

This seems like a valid reason to me though. It doesn't seem like you are ignoring the holidays, just being practical.

imo it's kind of silly for adults. if you have kids old enough to appreciate it of course you have to do it but otherwise why bother

It's pretty and fun.

I will start taking down the tree stuff tomorrow. When the tree gets crispy it's time to go. I will then strip the rest of the decor after the 1st.