Hockey Fight!

I played lacrosse a bit...my favorite move playing wing was to run full speed into the face off, put my stick down like I was trying to scoop and just level the guy on the other team in the face off :lol:

there were always guys filling their sticks with sand too and that shit hurts :fly:
I've only played indoor, on the res. ^.^ The big deal is getting them midfield and blindsiding them over the boards into the bench. I couldnt find it on youtube but it's a beautiful thing to pull off. It's like "denied"

God ,I love hockey. The only thing more fun than a good fight is a good goalie fight.

God ,I love hockey. The only thing more fun than a good fight is a good goalie fight.
i've never really understood that besides the fact that if the goalie fought anyone other than the other goalie they'd have superior protection than their opponent. when you consider they spend the whole game at opposite ends of the ice i don't get how they can get pissed off at each other.

i've never really understood that besides the fact that if the goalie fought anyone other than the other goalie they'd have superior protection than their opponent. when you consider they spend the whole game at opposite ends of the ice i don't get how they can get pissed off at each other.

That's what makes it so funny :fly:

Well you have to realize that most fights start way before the game does. It usually escalates in the game by small off sight stickings and such. Every fight I had been in was either because the other guy was the biggest guy on the ice or someone kept purposely for lack of better word "picking" on me. You get to a boiling point after continuous slashes and such that you just blow up.

Oh and BTW, I couldnt even Ice Skate anymore this was all back in the day, lol. Well besides when I moved to florida it was street hockey, nobody ever went home without blood coming out, lol.

Actually, if a goalie fights a non goalie (such as Ray Emery vs Andrew Peters a few weeks ago) he has the disadvantage of wearing more pads. This decreases his range of motion for swinging (chest/shoulder padding)and balance (leg pads).

That Emery fight was wicked because he fought Biron ( a goalie) and won that, then fouhgt a tough guy, and held his own....all with a smile on his face.

Actually, if a goalie fights a non goalie (such as Ray Emery vs Andrew Peters a few weeks ago) he has the disadvantage of wearing more pads. This decreases his range of motion for swinging (chest/shoulder padding)and balance (leg pads).

That Emery fight was wicked because he fought Biron ( a goalie) and won that, then fouhgt a tough guy, and held his own....all with a smile on his face.

Yeah, Goalies usually know not to get into a fight and when they do with enough time you usually see a line of pads leading behind them. If you have ever tried on a full goalie uniform on you know how hard of a job it truly is.

in that case i guess the reason only goalies fight goalies is that if anyone else did they'd have the entire other team trying to kick their ass.

Hockey is the only sport I can actually enjoy watching (doesn't mean I know all the players and the stats for each team though).

Maybe I'm weird but I like to see them fight. I hate boxing though. I also like to watch them skate. It fascinates me that people can move that fast on ice, bob and weave and dodge flying sticks aimed for their heads, and still keep track of something the size of a drain stopper .. and make a goal :lol:. That's real sportsmanship right there.

Now if they'd just do something about it being so damned cold, I'd go to some games instead of watch it on tv on occassion :lol:.

Now if they'd just do something about it being so damned cold, I'd go to some games instead of watch it on tv on occassion :lol:.

yeah, 14 miles of refrigeration tubing under the ice will do that. It'll warm up when 20k or so people come in.

Well the few times I've gone I got to sit rink side. Now I'm spoiled. I wouldn't want to sit way up in the stands.

But I about froze to freakin death. I'm not very cold tolerant. I stay cold constantly. I have a heater on in my office right now. It's 80 degrees outside. lol

Mikey would have been sweating prolly :lol:.

Not normal.

Well the few times I've gone I got to sit rink side. Now I'm spoiled. I wouldn't want to sit way up in the stands.

But I about froze to freakin death. Mikey would have been sweating prolly :lol:.

Not normal.

Well that's because Mikey is hot, silly.

:drool:

But I about froze to freakin death. I'm not very cold tolerant. I stay cold constantly. I have a heater on in my office right now. It's 80 degrees outside. lol

Mikey would have been sweating prolly :lol:.

Not normal.
unfortunately you're stuck then, because the relatively warm places in rinks are up in the stands. some rinks are even heated during games, but the vents have to be far from the ice to keep it from getting soft.