Hockey Fight!

they've been showing that on headline news this morning...happened only like 20 secs into the game!

they've been showing that on headline news this morning...happened only like 20 secs into the game!
i went to a beer league grudge match game in my hometown when i was a kid. there were several fights and two bench clearing brawls in the first minute and seventeen seconds before they called the game on account of two guys being carried off the ice on stretchers.

in this case what apparently happened is that Fedoruk went off the last time he was in town and Orr wanted to settle the score.

Last edited:
Hockey commentators now sounds errily like boxing commentators. "Watch out for Orr's right. He has been known to use that as his weapon of choice" and other such lines. Fucking ridiculous.

Now I am one for a bit of violence, but hockey is about shooting a puck into a net, not going 10 rounds in a boxing match and trying to stay standing on a slippery surface.

Hockey commentators now sounds errily like boxing commentators. "Watch out for Orr's right. He has been known to use that as his weapon of choice" and other such lines. Fucking ridiculous.

Now I am one for a bit of violence, but hockey is about shooting a puck into a net, not going 10 rounds in a boxing match and trying to stay standing on a slippery surface.

:wtf: Hockey's always been about both. The skill game is my favorite part, but when you've got an asshole out there going 50 mph messing with people, it's great to see someone beat him down. And if the asshole wins, there's always someone else to take him on.

worst hockey fight I ever saw was at my boarding school...we used to rent our rink to the university of RI for them to have a place to play...a fight broke out in the penalty box between opposing players and a guy skated off the ice, stood on the 1/2" thick bit of boards that sticks out passed the glass, and hatcheted a guys head open with his stick...the guy he hit was in the penalty box fight and for some stupid reason had removed his helmet during the fight...I was amazed the cops weren't called...they stitched the guys head up in the locker room and just carried on with the game

This is why HOCKEY IS THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!!!!!!!! And the most manliest by far.

What other sport can you freely drop your padding and start clean fist punching someone in the face? Nothing, because nothing is better than Hockey. I rest my case

Edit - I guess you can do this in other sports but you would get arrested, in Hockey you get 2 minutes in a box and then come back out and do it again!

Last edited:

the nature of the sport is that if you ban fighting, big or dirty players will rough up your stars. if you wanna have wayne gretzkys you gotta have tie domis to protect them.

The only reason I used to play Hockey was to fight, I had much anger in my younger years. "Find the biggest guy and take him down the second you get on the ice" :fly: That is truly the only way you will ever be noticed quickly.
buddy of mine in college had played in highschool. he said you knew things were about to happen when the coach told you to leave your sticks on the bench when he sent your line on the ice.

buddy of mine in college had played in highschool. he said you knew things were about to happen when the coach told you to leave your sticks on the bench when he sent your line on the ice.

haha, I have seen this behavior in pick up games which I thought was kinda pointless. Hey lets get everyone on our team hurt because we dont like this other team and be screwed for the season. :fly:

I didnt see this comment until now but you do realize that Hockey has ALWAYS been based off of this right? The combinations of brute force, great coaching and natural instinct is why this sport is so great. If you dulled down Hockey by taking fighting out you would basically be watching figure skating.

This is why HOCKEY IS THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!!!!!!!! And the most manliest by far.

What other sport can you freely drop your padding and start clean fist punching someone in the face? Nothing, because nothing is better than Hockey. I rest my case

Edit - I guess you can do this in other sports but you would get arrested, in Hockey you get 2 minutes in a box and then come back out and do it again!
You've not ever seen a box lacrosse game I take it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVkE8Tf760w&mode=related&search=

kekee

Last edited:

I dunno, the Lightning/Islanders game had minimal fighting. The refs kept breaking it up... which was funney to listen to the fans get pissed at the refs for not letting it happen.

BTW, that was a great game.

I am officially a hocky fan, now. :heart:

Yeah, I find games with lots of fights fun to watch.... on Sports Center. I enjoy the actual game better when they are actually playing. The fights are not what I call playing. I call them distractions through the game.

Yeah, I find games with lots of fights fun to watch.... on Sports Center. I enjoy the actual game better when they are actually playing. The fights are not what I call playing. I call them distractions through the game.
:rolleyes:

If youd ever played they would be much more interesting.

if you've been watching the other team play dirty all game it's very pleasing to see them get their comeuppance.