Pics Hobby Thread

We won trivia night one evening when I knew the answer to the question was the PBS miniseries Shaka Zulu.

Me, the community college graduate, at trivia night with a bunch of PHD candidates.

small victories.....
Many professional astronomers couldn't locate any constellations if their life depended on it. Kind of sad actually

So, I'm mapping out two scale battles.
The Battle of Isandlwana in 1/72 scale. Big battle = small figures.

And the battle of Rorke's Drift in 28mm.
Small battle = bigger figures.

I need a bigger house and more paint.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: Josh, ZRH and fly

Dude you know how bad I've wanted a Martini-Henry. They used to cost like $500 now they are over $2k and I cant justify that for a single shot rifle. Also you need to load your own rounds :/

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
Dude you know how bad I've wanted a Martini-Henry. They used to cost like $500 now they are over $2k and I cant justify that for a single shot rifle. Also you need to load your own rounds :/
I didn't know they went up that much.
I'd love to have one, but at that price it's a display/museum piece only.

reminds me of that scene in murder at 1600 movie. wesley snipes character built the alamo (??) battlefield in his DC apartment lol

• Gravy
My record collection is growing out of control and storage is becoming an issue
Im thinking of making something like this, but longer, and without the hipster douchebag standing next to it (other than me) and park it in the unused dining area.
The wife doesnt know yet, but I still owe her a dining room table (for the area we do use) so maybe she wont notice once I build that.

1660831245860.png

• Gravy
View attachment 16421

I've crochet the shit out of some shit lately.

its like you went from cute little flip flop wearing kitten to full blow grandma!

your nephew is so lucky! he has 3 nanas!

also my grandma taught me how to crochet when i was little and it was my fave thing ever. i made 100 tea rags as she would call them lol

yay gato

its like you went from cute little flip flop wearing kitten to full blow grandma!

your nephew is so lucky! he has 3 nanas!

also my grandma taught me how to crochet when i was little and it was my fave thing ever. i made 100 tea rags as she would call them lol

yay gato
:lol:

It's the best thing to do with my hands while watching TV. I carefully crochet the cat hairs into the project with the utmost care.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
My record collection is growing out of control and storage is becoming an issue
Im thinking of making something like this, but longer, and without the hipster douchebag standing next to it (other than me) and park it in the unused dining area.
The wife doesnt know yet, but I still owe her a dining room table (for the area we do use) so maybe she wont notice once I build that.

View attachment 16423
If you can find a shop that's closing might get a deal. I used to work for media play and they sold the racks for like $20 each