Hi. Your pix go here now.

240327707Screenshot20240327165650.png

Man, I hope I stumble my way into a DnD crew after my move.
I'm starting up a new campaign next week. Our last one ended after 18 months because one of the girls in it was the ex of the DM and started getting weird; and one of the guys was a racist POS who we hated. Better luck with this campaign...none of the people are shitheads this time so it should be good. I just need to firm up what character to play. I'm usually a murder hobo but I'm contemplating being a bard.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly and OOD
I ran a small simplified one shot with the whole family last weekend and this weekend. Kids really enjoyed it. In the final battle, the 5-year-old decided to forget about stealth and prematurely attacked the big bad. Then the 7-year-old decided that we were attacking an innocent person and betrayed the party, siding with big bad.

7-year-old ended up petrified by her sister at the end of the fight.

I make the highlight for both of them though was fighting an invisible beholder that grabbed their legs as they tried to jump over a bottomless chasm

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and OOD
I'm starting up a new campaign next week. Our last one ended after 18 months because one of the girls in it was the ex of the DM and started getting weird; and one of the guys was a racist POS who we hated. Better luck with this campaign...none of the people are shitheads this time so it should be good. I just need to firm up what character to play. I'm usually a murder hobo but I'm contemplating being a bard.
Bards can be hella fun for role-play if you really get to the character

Bards can be hella fun for role-play if you really get to the character
Yeah I was thinking of coming up with some short songs I can write down to sing out when healing or whatever for inspiration points from the DM. Just not sure if I want to play a character that entails such creativity when I'm used to just bashing and not doing any magic :lol: I could try it out I guess. I just like to play out violent fantasies 😭

Yeah I was thinking of coming up with some short songs I can write down to sing out when healing or whatever for inspiration points from the DM. Just not sure if I want to play a character that entails such creativity when I'm used to just bashing and not doing any magic :lol: I could try it out I guess. I just like to play out violent fantasies 😭
You can always multi class into Bard. I’m playing a Cleric in our next campaign and I’m planning on being super religious to the point of annoyance. Might multi class into Bard myself and sing songs of praise to Selûne to inspire the party. Last campaign I brought a fairly large drum to bang at inconvenient times.

You can always multi class into Bard. I’m playing a Cleric in our next campaign and I’m planning on being super religious to the point of annoyance. Might multi class into Bard myself and sing songs of praise to Selûne to inspire the party. Last campaign I brought a fairly large drum to bang at inconvenient times.
I refuse to play healers or religious folk - that schtick would get old for me within the hour. I did bring a cowbell for my last character. Came in handy now and again :lol:

In lieu of a short rest, you should be able to drink a bunch of pee to heal.

I refuse to play healers or religious folk - that schtick would get old for me within the hour. I did bring a cowbell for my last character. Came in handy now and again :lol:
Same reason I don't play Paladins. The rigid morality and religious fervor gets old real quick.

Although i am playing a half orc cleric of ilmater right now in bg3. Being super wise and smiting people with lightning constantly is great fun

Same reason I don't play Paladins. The rigid morality and religious fervor gets old real quick.

Although i am playing a half orc cleric of ilmater right now in bg3. Being super wise and smiting people with lightning constantly is great fun
I'm getting BG3 later in the year I think, got some stuff to get through before I invest in a new game.

I've decided to go for a rock gnome eloquence bard. Whoop!

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon