Hey Canadians!

Fahrenheit

Celsius here.

Anna, degrees merely mean you know theory for the most part. Practical experience is what really pays off. I went to college, graduated near top of my class, and worked my way to where I am today.

Celsius here.

Anna, degrees merely mean you know theory for the most part. Practical experience is what really pays off. I went to college, graduated near top of my class, and worked my way to where I am today.

He also took plenty of cocks; which you should too.

I would only get a masters in Philosophy if my employer were sponsoring it and I had a very specific reason. Otherwise I agree that it is a pointless waste of money. Anything like that where your employment options are limited to pretty much just teaching the thing you just learned don't make sense even if the topic is interesting. Why not get your masters in some other field and apply that new knowledge to what you learned in undergrad? Get a masters in business or something super useful like that.

I would only get a masters in Philosophy if my employer were sponsoring it and I had a very specific reason. Otherwise I agree that it is a pointless waste of money. Anything like that where your employment options are limited to pretty much just teaching the thing you just learned don't make sense even if the topic is interesting. Why not get your masters in some other field and apply that new knowledge to what you learned in undergrad? Get a masters in business or something super useful like that.

But maybe she wants to be a standup comic...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not getting a Master's to get a job. I already have a job. Like many jobs my current one of requires a college degree, but does not specify what in, and I got it with my Philosophy degree.

Business degrees are not "super useful." Since everybody has one but me, MBAs have been rendered useless.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-value-of-your-mba-is-collapsing-2009-3
Not necessarily many, most jobs I see that just want any degree are in sales/marketing/administration. If you're going into debt, specific tangible skills or certified/chartered professions are more flexible since they can do the 'lawl degree' jobs, and have exclusive government regulated privileges.

Since I don't want a job in sales/marketing/administration (which is a good thing because I'd be bad at them), a Business degree is just as useless for me.

It's my time/money/life/debt. I want to complete my education in Philosophy. The degree is the goal, not a job.

Since I don't want a job in sales/marketing/administration (which is a good thing because I'd be bad at them), a Business degree is just as useless for me.

It's my time/money/life/debt. I want to complete my education in Philosophy. The degree is the goal, not a job.
Try reading that again and just remember this when you complain about how much it costs to hire a plumber.