Thread Help me give up smoking hobo pole

I'll tell you how it is.

Being diabetic I used to cry going down the candy aisle not being allowed pick up a bar of chocolate, take it home and eat it; unlike my daughter who could happily munch through a piggin' great box of chocolates and feel good for it. Excessive sugars, nay, any sugar can make me sick overnight. And I can't drink much, for the alcohol changes to sugars, and all the crap I've gone through in my 25 years meant at least I could enjoy a cig. 8 a day on average isn't all that bad, but still. Except for health reasons as you so rightly pointed out is all wrong, and for my monetary reasons, I've given up since my daughter went and bought a pack of vape sticks. See? I am trying. But I won't allow you to guilt trip me. Don't judge, lest kettle calls pot black.

I'm done with you, too. Now run along and tyke some other newbie.

I'll tell you how it is.

Being diabetic I used to cry going down the candy aisle not being allowed pick up a bar of chocolate, take it home and eat it; unlike my daughter who could happily munch through a piggin' great box of chocolates and feel good for it. Excessive sugars, nay, any sugar can make me sick overnight. And I can't drink much, for the alcohol changes to sugars, and all the crap I've gone through in my 25 years meant at least I could enjoy a cig. 8 a day on average isn't all that bad, but still. Except for health reasons as you so rightly pointed out is all wrong, and for my monetary reasons, I've given up since my daughter went and bought a pack of vape sticks. See? I am trying. But I won't allow you to guilt trip me. Don't judge, lest kettle calls pot black.

I'm done with you, too. Now run along and tyke some other newbie.
you're 25
have cancer
have a teen daughter
invented the lift at 15 yrs old
you're diabetic
and smoke 8 cigar a day
and don't look a day over 18 with your glowing skin

you're amazing and soooooo pretty

• Gravy
Reactions: AccessDenied
Vaping can help you taper down on the amount of nicotine you use over time, down to zero for some. I have a friend who vapes non nicotine because she still gets to keep the habit part of smoking, like having it in her hand and mouth, but no smoke or nocotine.

• Gravy
Reactions: plot and Coqui
@Ledboots Vaping is a start towards giving up. I just binned my last cigs so already I'm finding vaping really quite pleasant. But yeah, it's still not knowing what's exactly in the liquid.

@Maureen So you got a fogger? :D
Like this?

img_000024491.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I know lots of people who replaced smoking with vaping. Might still have health risks but it's gotta be better. Great way to slowly take your nicotine down to none too.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I know lots of people who replaced smoking with vaping. Might still have health risks but it's gotta be better. Great way to slowly take your nicotine down to none too.

Or just stop buying anything with nicotine. Most of the part of quitting is mental if you really want to quit then just quit and be done with it vs relying on a crutch and stretching it out. The actual physical addiction of nicotine only lasts 72 hours. After that it's all mental and breaking your routine. Vaping is just a way the tobacco industry is fooling people back into smoking since they did take a big hit the past decade with people quitting.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Or just stop buying anything with nicotine. Most of the part of quitting is mental if you really want to quit then just quit and be done with it vs relying on a crutch and stretching it out. The actual physical addiction of nicotine only lasts 72 hours. After that it's all mental and breaking your routine. Vaping is just a way the tobacco industry is fooling people back into smoking since they did take a big hit the past decade with people quitting.
pretty sure this comment is bullshit. Citations please?