Hello. Hello???

My mom's phone number is two numbers reversed from a local breakfast restaruant. One morning at like 5am she got a call "what's today's special" and that totally weirded her out until the caller asked for the restaurant's name. If I had answered it, I'd be like "today's special is check the number bitch with a side order of DIAF".

I get fucking bill collectors calling me. Nothing weird, but annoying as fuck. I already changed my number once due to this shit. The assholes keep calling too. NO I AM NOT THE DEBTOR YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH. IF I WAS THAT DEBTOR, WHY WOULD I KEEP THE SAME NUMBER IF I AM TRYING TO AVOID YOU!!! :mad:

Unfortunately my cell I use for business mostly, so I have to answer it as some of my business customers' call from numbers I don't recognize or have saved on my phone. Otherwise I'd let it go to voicemail. I do listen to my voicemails however. I'm OCD and hate that the "1 voicemail waiting" message appearing on my blackberry if I don't call to listen to voicemail.

Last edited:
My mom's phone number is two numbers reversed from a local breakfast restaruant. One morning at like 5am she got a call "what's today's special" and that totally weirded her out until the caller asked for the restaurant's name. If I had answered it, I'd be like "today's special is check the number bitch with a side order of DIAF".

I get fucking bill collectors calling me. Nothing weird, but annoying as fuck. I already changed my number once due to this shit. The assholes keep calling too. NO I AM NOT THE DEBTOR YOU ARE TRYING TO REACH. IF I WAS THAT DEBTOR, WHY WOULD I KEEP THE SAME NUMBER IF I AM TRYING TO AVOID YOU!!! :mad:

Unfortunately my cell I use for business mostly, so I have to answer it as some of my business customers' call from numbers I don't recognize or have saved on my phone. Otherwise I'd let it go to voicemail. I do listen to my voicemails however. I'm OCD and hate that the "1 voicemail waiting" message appearing on my blackberry if I don't call to listen to voicemail.

:clap: to the skeeter hawk for replying in the spirit of the thread.

and I must agree.. I don't consider myself OCD at all, but looking at that little icon on the phone makes me say "man, I gotta check that."

and once again, the elitist rears its ugly head around here. like yall too good to check the voicemail. :stickspinkyout: "ohhhh, must I be bothered with checking my voicemail dahhhling?" fuckouttahere. post for 6 hours a day but "listening to the whole message" impedes my day. :lol:

of course, nobody wants to hear the same (boring) story several times. but if people (not bill collectors) take the time to call you, have the respect to hear them out, since you've not got enough for them to answer. this assuming you're just hitting ignore on the people you know. april! :shady:

and like hawk, I do bidness on the phone.

:lol: Remember when you were in town and you called my phone and I always made SemperFly answer it?

I do that quite a bit, actually. I won't call the pizza guy either.

Ya I remember that. :lol:

I get scolded by fly all the time to answer my phone when it rings.

nothing drives me quite as crazy as listening to someone else's phone ring when they're either intentionally ignoring it or not around. people who leave their ringers on at work and leave their desk piss me off. i go over and turn their ringers off.

when i was growing up our number had two digits reversed from the number for the hospital. it was the number you call to talk to inpatients, not emergency, but it still provide a delicious opportunity for the following scenario:

"hello?"
"yes, can i have Bill Chamber's room please?"
"oh, goodness, I'm sorry but he passed away"

I never had the balls to do it as a kid and the hospital changed their number before I was older.

nothing drives me quite as crazy as listening to someone else's phone ring when they're either intentionally ignoring it or not around. people who leave their ringers on at work and leave their desk piss me off. i go over and turn their ringers off.

When I was a younger, angrier man I made regular sport of hiding the unattended, ringing cell phones of people who sat near me. Sometimes in a drawer, sometimes in the trashcan, sometimes in the freezer. It depended on my mood, really.

The worst part of all this is that nowadays I'm typically the loudest, most obnoxious person in any part of the office. Karma is a strange thing...

When I was a younger, angrier man I made regular sport of hiding the unattended, ringing cell phones of people who sat near me. Sometimes in a drawer, sometimes in the trashcan, sometimes in the freezer. It depended on my mood, really.

The worst part of all this is that nowadays I'm typically the loudest, most obnoxious person in any part of the office. Karma is a strange thing...
that sounds like incredible fun, but since there are only four people on my floor it'd become quickly obvious who was to blame.

And speaking of getting the numbers wrong I tried calling my house phone about Christmas to speak to my fella and got the 45 the wrong way round so an old guy answered. I was like "Oh I guess I got the wrong number" and he started saying "Oh that's fine gorgeous, hope you have a nice chirstmas darlin" and all this stuff.

I think he was just being nice, or maybe my phone voice is just that kinky. :lol:

:lol: My voice remains unchanged by cigarettes thank you. Maybe I don't have the singing voice I was destined to have, but oh well. I think it's because my telephone voice is very happy and I use proper Queen's English as opposed to the occasion colloquialism I use in every day life. :)

:lol: My voice remains unchanged by cigarettes thank you. Maybe I don't have the singing voice I was destined to have, but oh well. I think it's because my telephone voice is very happy and I use proper Queen's English as opposed to the occasion colloquialism I use in every day life. :)
my voice changed a lot when i smoked. it got much lower. songs that i could sing in the proper key as a smoker i now have to capo up to.

i got a voicemail one time from some lady in jail thinking my name was jamal or something needing bail... she sounded all strung out... and old.

if she would've sounded like a hot young chick i would've helped her out.

i take their batteries and put them in the supply closet where inevitable someone else will take it.

could be...who knows
i just checked since a buddy left me a voicemail. i can definitely delete by hitting 7 as soon as they start talking. then i hit star three times to back out of the menu and hang up. don't even have to listen.