Heliodisplay

No most peole dont have screens that do 3000x1050...I understand that..but us arguing for 5 hours with "old people" from wisconsin about resolution turned into a hopeless cause until we could actually SHOW them the difference.

Sometimes clients WILL give us shitty 8,5x11 presnetations and we have to massage them into a new presentation, with new backgrounds, new images, new layout etc...

Yeah power point sucks ass. The next version is going to be hella sweet cause it's going to use DirectX to display so it WILL utilize a fast grafix card better than 2003 does.

And I don't think i forget wha tyou did, i think no one ever told me :-/ But i'd like to know! I just got thrown into this position here through pure luck and knowing the right people...I've never seen anything like this before and it's still overwhelming just thinking about everything that goes on here.

Last edited:
SchmilK said:
No most peole dont have screens that do 3000x1050...I understand that..but we have to do that.

Sometimes clients WILL give us shitty 8,5x11 presnetations and we have to massage them into a new presentation, with new backgrounds, new images, new layout etc...

Yeah power point sucks ass. The next version is going to be hella sweet cause it's going to use DirectX to display so it WILL utilize a fast grafix card better than 2003 does.

And I don't think i forget wha tyou did, i think no one ever told me :-/ But i'd like to know! I just got thrown into this position here through pure luck and knowing the right people...I've never seen anything like this before and it's still overwhelming just thinking about everything that goes on here.
Ah ,then we shall discuss this in PMs. But word of caution, no one likes it when I talk about AV geek stuff. Maybe they'll dig your way of presenting it more.

Theac does back-room workstation phone support while dreaming of the day he gets to ascend to the exclusive realm of A/V engineering gurus. In the meantime he subscribes to all their magazines, visits all their forums, and pretends he's a member of all their clubs.

Sarcasmo said:
Theac does back-room workstation phone support while dreaming of the day he gets to ascend to the exclusive realm of A/V engineering gurus. In the meantime he subscribes to all their magazines, visits all their forums, and pretends he's a member of all their clubs.

LMAO! :D

theacoustician said:
Ah ,then we shall discuss this in PMs. But word of caution, no one likes it when I talk about AV geek stuff. Maybe they'll dig your way of presenting it more.
I have a feeling you two can compare lots of notes, I don't think SchmilK will get annoyed or anything about hearing of AV stuff... SchmilK only gets annoyed at technology and tecnologically challenged people, I think you'll do just fine.

*Matchmaker*

zengirl said:
I have a feeling you two can compare lots of notes, I don't think SchmilK will get annoyed or anything about hearing of AV stuff... SchmilK only gets annoyed at technology and tecnologically challenged people, I think you'll do just fine.

*Matchmaker*

Awww jeez.... LOL...what happened to your AIM???

Yeah, those who are technically challenged suck!

SchmilK said:
Awww jeez.... LOL...what happened to your AIM???

Yeah, those who are technically challenged suck!
It's on and I've been IMing you..... is it broken??

I always thought Aibo's were prettah kewl! That's really crappy though what Sony did, not even letting people who already ordered one pick it up.

Post some pics of your Champaign colored one!

bast_imret said:
I always thought Aibo's were prettah kewl! That's really crappy though what Sony did, not even letting people who already ordered one pick it up.

Post some pics of your Champaign colored one!
I don't know if we have Lucky pictures :confused:

I posted these before, but the server said they're still online, so I figured i'd recycle. ;)
robo1.JPG

robo3.JPG

robo7.JPG

robo9.JPG

robo12.JPG

Here's some from Christmas with my parents' JackRussell Terrior...She was pissed that Lucky wouldn't pay attention to her and kept sniffing her butt and pushing on him wtih her paw! LOL... Oh and RoboRaptor teasing Lucky with his ball. LOL
bark.jpg

lick.jpg

smack.jpg

Last edited:
Poor lucky has been stowed away in a duffel bag since Sunday.

I'm going to report you to the Humane Society or something.

zengirl said:
Poor lucky has been stowed away in a duffel bag since Sunday.

I'm going to report you to the Humane Society or something.

Its your fault the chair is in his play area now. :( I'M going to call them on YOU!

Its kinda scarey seeing him walk around and get excited when he sees his ball/bone, then he goes to it and picks up his bone, or pushes his ball around...It sure is neat! The only "super sweet" thing i'd like to change is make him move FAST! Like a real animal. On hardfloors he can move much faster than on carpet...but it's still not running at the speed of life. LOL

SchmilK said:
Its your fault the chair is in his play area now. :( I'M going to call them on YOU!
My chair would be by my desk but SOMEBODY has overtaken my desk, haven't they?