Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

@HipHugHer - curious, how often do you wash your clothing and/or change them? And no chaffing if you just leave the fromunda there for weeks? I'm assuming you don't get head.:oops:
I'll go 3-4 days in the winter, tops. Beyond individual chemistry, most people find their need for bathing changes greatly as they age. I used to use dish soap my hair would get so greasy. Now, I wash my face with body wash and just run a little of that soap quickly across the scalp. Otherwise dry and itchy for 2 days.
Well I may or may not have taken a bit of artistic liberty there ya know for effect, to get a point across, or not.

I'm not a clean freak but I do bathe ya know. Depends on what you're doing but I guess call it 3 or 4 days out of 7 or every other day as an average. If you're working on cars getting covered in grease or you're doing manual labor out in the sun and heat that's one thing. If you're sitting in the air conditioning all day that's a whole different thing.
In the former you actually get dirty and sweat a lot and need to clean yourself. In the latter (office worker) the only funk that gets on you is that which comes from inside yourself. That means your ass, and a little ball, armpit, and foot funk after a couple days.
The social expectation of smelling like soap instead of human all the time is bizarre. At the same time there's an obvious difference between a little recent funk and the stuff that's been taking up residence for quite a while.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Well I may or may not have taken a bit of artistic liberty there ya know for effect, to get a point across, or not.

I'm not a clean freak but I do bathe ya know. Depends on what you're doing but I guess call it 3 or 4 days out of 7 or every other day as an average. If you're working on cars getting covered in grease or you're doing manual labor out in the sun and heat that's one thing. If you're sitting in the air conditioning all day that's a whole different thing.
In the former you actually get dirty and sweat a lot and need to clean yourself. In the latter (office worker) the only funk that gets on you is that which comes from inside yourself. That means your ass, and a little ball, armpit, and foot funk after a couple days.
The social expectation of smelling like soap instead of human all the time is bizarre. At the same time there's an obvious difference between a little recent funk and the stuff that's been taking up residence for quite a while.
I'm relieved - now I'll wipe. :) I totally get what you're saying. Like when I was laying concrete this summer I was taking a bath every day. Winter, I'm sitting home fixing watches or writing code - 3 days and no smell. I forego deodorant except in the summer. Even then, I think I use it very sparingly. I don't like the smell of soaps - almost everything here is unscented. And none of those plug-in scent things - just more crap in the ait imo.

Was actually curious on the clothing - I knew a dude who refused to wash clothing more often than once a month. He was concerned it wore them out. Groce. And of course there are the guys who wear jeans until they are shiny with filth.🤮

excema suucccks. Thats one of those things that if you have enough kids, one of em is gonna have it

Unasked medical advice time! :

This shit works: https://www.target.com/p/aveeno-bab...e-balm-with-natural-oatmeal-11oz/-/A-49159635
Thanks! Mine is actually pretty minor. I just get it on my shoulder/upper arm area. But since quitting soap, I haven't actually had many issues. A good friend of ours gets it everywhere, and is real bad on her hands. I'll pass this stuff on. She's tried just about everything, and is about to start laser treatment for it.

I'm relieved - now I'll wipe. :) I totally get what you're saying. Like when I was laying concrete this summer I was taking a bath every day. Winter, I'm sitting home fixing watches or writing code - 3 days and no smell. I forego deodorant except in the summer. Even then, I think I use it very sparingly. I don't like the smell of soaps - almost everything here is unscented. And none of those plug-in scent things - just more crap in the ait imo.

Was actually curious on the clothing - I knew a dude who refused to wash clothing more often than once a month. He was concerned it wore them out. Groce. And of course there are the guys who wear jeans until they are shiny with filth.🤮
I'm a big believer in deodorant and clean socks and shirts every day. Outer garments, meh.
For those who wear undershirts the regular shirt becomes an outer garment.

I'm also a big fan of uniforms, or putting together work clothes that all look mostly the same. Makes life easy.
Could be khaki cargo shorts and 5 of the same color tshirts, or same color buttondown, slacks, and suit coat. Maybe switch tie colors now and then, or not.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie