Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

so egg whites is all you have for protein ? no chicken or fish ?
Nope. Egg whites, tofu, tempeh, beans, quinoa. Mushrooms to some extent(on the protein) - which would be cost prohibitive but I grow them . .
It's not "forever" but is a good opportunity to reset some of our eating patterns. I'm stoked that my wife is dieting with me for first time ever.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Nope. Egg whites, tofu, tempeh, beans, quinoa. Mushrooms to some extent(on the protein) - which would be cost prohibitive but I grow them . .
It's not "forever" but is a good opportunity to reset some of our eating patterns. I'm stoked that my wife is dieting with me for first time ever.
ooooh this is interesting. is it any type of mushroom?
I personally cant eat quinoa or beans which makes me super sad so I have to eat some chicken

share recipes/dish ideas when you have time. also do you guys exercise or walk and stuff

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
good.
Damn. I'd rather be fat. :lol:
No, excess weight sucks, you carry that shit all day. I was RIPPED a few years ago, backslid when I took an office job about 4 years ago. Now that I've recommitted myself to working from home full time, I can spend more time on planning our meals(I do 98% of the cooking) and no, being home doesn't mean I eat. Oddly, the opposite - I never get bored and often skip lunch. Just sort of miss it, too busy. Which kept me slim-ish for 16 yrs. before that fucking office job.

ooooh this is interesting. is it any type of mushroom?
I personally cant eat quinoa or beans which makes me super sad so I have to eat some chicken

share recipes/dish ideas when you have time. also do you guys exercise or walk and stuff
Any mustroom that isn't those white button, cremini or portobello mushrooms, which are all the same thing - they manipulate the color and size with light and air flow. Awesome marketing scheme - but yeah, those eat shit, literally, and have little protien. Shitake, maitake, oyster mushrooms and pretty much all the other commonly eaten mushrooms grow on wood, not poop. Some have up to 5% protein and lots of soft fiber. :) Pooping happiness.

good.
No, excess weight sucks, you carry that shit all day. I was RIPPED a few years ago, backslid when I took an office job about 4 years ago. Now that I've recommitted myself to working from home full time, I can spend more time on planning our meals(I do 98% of the cooking) and no, being home doesn't mean I eat. Oddly, the opposite - I never get bored and often skip lunch. Just sort of miss it, too busy. Which kept me slim-ish for 16 yrs. before that fucking office job.
Nah I get it. I was just joking with you. Do what works for you. I lost a lot of weight too. Basically I cut out most processed food and started exercising. I don't deny myself anything, I just don't eat stuff that's bad for me as much as I used to. But if I get a taste for a pizza I order a pizza. Just not every meal :lol:

We have not been getting good mushrooms round here lately. They turn to shit in only a few days in the fridge.

I stopped buying them, waste of money.
Yeah, of course I look at the store one's like :jvag: :lol:
About half of the mushrooms sold in US are grown in Penn. You'd think you could get decent ones. Ah, store in warmest part of fridge, don't worry about giving them air, keep wrapped. You notice that is how they are kept in most grocers . . . Add: mushrooms that have been in an open pile often go bad quickly - they've been shocked by drying and exposed to more airborn mold.

@Maureen - why no beans or quinoa? No tofu or tempeh either I guess. You supposed to go 100% starch-less? That would suck.
Back to your pureed summer squash - which woulndn't be bad for a "while". . We like baking spaghetti squash and then frying it a little with some seasonings. That can bring out a different dynamic in the generally weak flavor.

@Maureen - why no beans or quinoa? No tofu or tempeh either I guess. You supposed to go 100% starch-less? That would suck.
Back to your pureed summer squash - which woulndn't be bad for a "while". . We like baking spaghetti squash and then frying it a little with some seasonings. That can bring out a different dynamic in the generally weak flavor.

ok so this is the order of things that make me look pregnant for 48 hrs

1. Potatoes (holy fuck the devil)
2. Pasta (this is actually painful to digest)
3. Quinoa (look about 6 months pregnant)
4. Beans (look about 4 months pregnant)
5. Rice (this one is tricky sometimes it affects me sometimes it doesn’t)
6. Bread (in small doses this is OK)

This is why I eat tons of cauliflower rice and konjac pasta or zucchini noodles

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
ok so this is the order of things that make me look pregnant for 48 hrs

1. Potatoes (holy fuck the devil)
2. Pasta (this is actually painful to digest)
3. Quinoa (look about 6 months pregnant)
4. Beans (look about 4 months pregnant)
5. Rice (this one is tricky sometimes it affects me sometimes it doesn’t)
6. Bread (in small doses this is OK)

This is why I eat tons of cauliflower rice and konjac pasta or zucchini noodles
Konjac pasta is just nasty imo - I feel bad for you. Have you tried the thing of freezing leftover KJ noodles? They get weirdly stiff when you re-heat. Some people like that, some hate it. However, I bet that goes through you with no issue. We buy the powder and I hide it in different things. Ironically, I first bought konjac powder(KP) for my artistic endevours. It makes a very useful slime. Looks like a jug of jizz (band name). Decent for thickening some things - quick jellys, gravy, sauc