Ontopic Health Thread: post your AIDS, diseases and infekshunz here.

Bunionectomy surgery that I had what like 10 years ago. Shit....... man time flies.
HlutjF7.jpg

SfRCl6G.jpg

qQigwQs.jpg

FM1W8kW.jpg

pSg9ZL8.jpg

TxDeh.jpg
what it looked like a few years later.
I usually keep my toenails cut short, not sure why I didn't cut them prior to surgery or before the last photo.
Wear good shoes and go barefoot a lot so the bunions don't come back!

I'm finally able to wear sneakers without orthodic inserts. Barefoot mostly around the house.

Oh yeah that pin is still in my foot. I had the pin in my other foot pulled out after 6 months because it was hitting a nerve causing ridiculous amount of pain.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi
My Datsun ran out of electricity at the cruise night tonight, because I forgot to leave it on the battery tender.

So, while I was pulling it out of the parking space by hand, my infected finger opened up and leaked pus all over my clean paint.

Bunionectomy surgery that I had what like 10 years ago. Shit....... man time flies.
HlutjF7.jpg

SfRCl6G.jpg

qQigwQs.jpg

FM1W8kW.jpg

pSg9ZL8.jpg

TxDeh.jpg
what it looked like a few years later.
I usually keep my toenails cut short, not sure why I didn't cut them prior to surgery or before the last photo.
do you have any before pics, and are you glad you did it?

I have some pretty gnar gnar bunions and I've thought about trying to get them fixed, but I've heard mixed reviews wrt whether it got better or worse afterward

do you have any before pics, and are you glad you did it?

I have some pretty gnar gnar bunions and I've thought about trying to get them fixed, but I've heard mixed reviews wrt whether it got better or worse afterward
I'll dig around for a before photo. My bunions were 20 degrees or more from being straight, which was very noticeable and painful. Getting shoes that fit was the worst part. I'm happy I had both feet fixed. I didn't do the exercises post surgery so that's why the joint locked up with scar tissue. It hurt wayyyyy to much to bend like a week afterwards.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and Ledboots
Tape it to the next toe over.

#LifeHacks

Unfortunately I actually broke the next toe over so it hurts like a bitch if I do that. I went and saw an actual doctor because it's my big toe and not one of those minor ones. I saw the xray of the break and all. It's pretty significant and right at the joint, which could be a problem because the bones could move around and not stay set right, so they put me in a boot. Fun times. 4-6 weeks.

I'll dig around for a before photo. My bunions were 20 degrees or more from being straight, which was very noticeable and painful. Getting shoes that fit was the worst part. I'm happy I had both feet fixed. I didn't do the exercises post surgery so that's why the joint locked up with scar tissue. It hurt wayyyyy to much to bend like a week afterwards.
@august found a before surgery picture of my feet:
mGcGtxc.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: august