Have you ever questioned your own sanity???

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
Yes, tis true. I am questioning my own sanity after coming back from vacation and dealing with the bullshit I have to deal with at work. There are a few in particualr that are making me feel as if I have a cheese grater on my face. It started out OK.... I came in as normal, got a little snippy with someone who was late but nothing out of the ordinary. She asked (no I guess I mean TOLD) me that I must be PMSing. Then she asked if I had been taking my "medication." [HOW ABOUT NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS???] We then had a conversation regarding the attitude of another employee and she said I was being hypersensitive and that basically what I was seeing was not the case AT ALL. Well, I am a chick and guilty of hypersensitivity every once in awhile. I am also these people's boss so I don't really give a flying fuck if they like me or not; I just suggested maybe someone needs an attitude adjustment. Now, I'm thinking back in my head: "Am I over reacting? Maybe I am a little crazy today..."

Ever have someone talk you into feeling like this?

The fact that I am posting this is grounds enough to believe something is WRONG. I wish I had friends and an urge to drink.

as soon as she said "have you been taking your meds" she should have been gone.

zl1camaro said:
as soon as she said "have you been taking your meds" she should have been gone.

I agree; but the problem is she is not easily replaceable and said it under the guise of "trying to be funny."

Now she is couging with her mouth open and even though I am in my own office, I can hear her and it IS making me crazy!!!

Speak to someone in HR, that's what they're there for.

Oh wait...HR is there to protect the interests of the company and nothing else, forget I said anything.

she's undermining your authority. Did she say that in front of others? If she did then that makes you look bad, if it was in private then tell her don't do it again but make sure you stand by that.

Everyone handles things their own way but if you don't give as good as you get [verbally] people are going to treat you like that. Remember it's just like HS. Be cool, don't show emotion and you will be respected because they don't know what to expect.

The fact you are posting it and not acting it out is a good sign. :p

It sounds like only this one individual has a problem with you since they are the only one saying anything. Do you think others in the office would also voice an opinion if they felt you were over-reacting about something?

If it is only this one person that has a problem and everyone else seems fine then you can assume the problem lies with them and not you. This only works if you believe that others would speak up...I know this is not always the case in a small company. I wouldn't question yourself over 1 person's opinion.

Well if you are crazy then you have plenty of company babe. :pandora:

I've had days when I would get angry at people for being happy and cheerful. I was stressed out and depressed and seriously thought they were being insensitive and rude to me by rubbing their happiness in my face. OMG EMO GIRL! Although I really do hate it when people dole out a generic "I'm sorry" over my misfortune. It's like they're saying, "I'm sorry but I really don't care about you." I can't help but think that if they really cared they'd go a little further to cheer me up than just an plain ol' "Oh I'm sorry."

Pandora said:
Well if you are crazy then you have plenty of company babe. :pandora:

I've had days when I would get angry at people for being happy and cheerful. I was stressed out and depressed and seriously thought they were being insensitive and rude to me by rubbing their happiness in my face. OMG EMO GIRL! Although I really do hate it when people dole out a generic "I'm sorry" over my misfortune. It's like they're saying, "I'm sorry but I really don't care about you." I can't help but think that if they really cared they'd go a little further to cheer me up than just an plain ol' "Oh I'm sorry."
I'm sorry to hear that