Harry Potter

elpmis said:
okay so 'Walking the Line' was awesome, and not just "awesome" awesome, more like the first time you heard Helta Skelta by the Beatles and were like "man I didn't know they could rock like that, awesome" awesome
I really want to see this. I've heard nothing but great reviews. I guess Reese Witherspoon's performance is oscar worthy-

Hopefully I get to see it while its still in the theatres!

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I really want to see this. I've heard nothing but great reviews. I guess Reese Witherspoon's performance is oscar worthy-

Hopefully I get to see it while its still in the theatres!

They won't let you see movies in the theater till you are a US citizen either?!?! :mad: Stupid Immigration. :mad:

kiwi said:
They won't let you see movies in the theater till you are a US citizen either?!?! :mad: Stupid Immigration. :mad:
:lol:

Nah- FB isnt as much of a movie enthusiast as I am, so its harder to convince him to go see something with me, unless its something he HAS to see in the theatres.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of movies alone :(

*Fuxx Burger* said:
:lol:

Nah- FB isnt as much of a movie enthusiast as I am, so its harder to convince him to go see something with me, unless its something he HAS to see in the theatres.

I have a feeling I'll be seeing a lot of movies alone :(

If you can stand to spend a few hours there (I'm not sure if I could :omy:), we could meet in Idaho and go see it.

I really think they should scale the price of movies based on how long it's been in the theater. The movies that I have to see opening weekend, I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more for. But with the other movies, you pay the same price no matter how badly you want to see them. This way I could see a movie a couple weeks after it comes out, pay a little less, they have a fuller theater (when usually theaters are 1/4 full a couple weeks after a movie is out). Everybody wins.
But of course it'll never happen :p

Fat Burger said:
We're talking about seeing movies in the theater, not the "theater" :fly:
The IMAX is still sold out. I'll pay to see it there. I'll also buy the DVD. I also bought all of the books.

:fly:

I don't feel guilty.

zengirl said:
The IMAX is still sold out. I'll pay to see it there. I'll also buy the DVD. I also bought all of the books.

:fly:

I don't feel guilty.
We have all the books, and all the movies, and we will certainly buy this one when it comes out :fly:

I :heart: harry

Bubbles said:
Just got back from the movies and it's wonderful! This was hands down the best book to movie translation of the Potter series so far............Or maybe I'm just really impressed by the special effects. :fly:
No, its really that good :fly:

Fat Burger said:
I really think they should scale the price of movies based on how long it's been in the theater. The movies that I have to see opening weekend, I'm willing to pay a couple bucks more for. But with the other movies, you pay the same price no matter how badly you want to see them. This way I could see a movie a couple weeks after it comes out, pay a little less, they have a fuller theater (when usually theaters are 1/4 full a couple weeks after a movie is out). Everybody wins.
But of course it'll never happen :p

Haven't you heard of "dollar movies"? You know, a place you go see old movies for under $5. I remember goin' to those places when I was a kid and my mom would make popcorn and buy us candy at store and sneak it all in to the theater. When I got older, me and my friends would sneak in beer and get hammered during some crappy movie because it was cheap. I also would go to Cinefest at GSU on long breaks between classes.

SpangeMonkee said:
Haven't you heard of "dollar movies"? You know, a place you go see old movies for under $5. I remember goin' to those places when I was a kid and my mom would make popcorn and buy us candy at store and sneak it all in to the theater. When I got older, me and my friends would sneak in beer and get hammered during some crappy movie because it was cheap. I also would go to Cinefest at GSU on long breaks between classes.

We've got some really awesome second-run theaters around here, with antique leather sofas and stuff. But the major theaters are whining about people not going, and I think this could help keep them profitable (rather than charging $7 for popcorn).

I finally got to see the second half of it last night :fly:

It really was good, can't wait to see it on the IMAX.

I am sad that they didn't play up the ending more though. I remember when I was reading the book I was actually crying when his parents reappeared.

I saw a "making of" docu the other night and they said that the book was 750 some odd pages and they only use like 120 for a movie script they also said that they could have made two full length movies out of that single book. So with that reasoning, theres no way things can't be left out.

I guess that's the bonus for actually reading the books.

I did have to stop and explain a few things to Mike a few times though. That was funny :lol: