Harry Potter

taeric

Flaccid Member
May 6, 2005
Marklar
₥0
So, quite a few of us are set to see the midnight showing of this. Should I post spoilers as soon as I get home? :D

I'm taking off work early tomorow to hit a matine.

Screw staying up all night and paying full price

:lol:

Fat Burger said:
I noticed this morning that the paper said this movie was "easily the best of the four".

But they also gave SS and CoS a B-, PoA a B+, and GoF an A-, so I don't think they're completely trustworthy.

This book was easily my favorite of the first 4, so the movie being the best isn't that far of a stretch. Not to mention that show I just watched shoed some afuckingmazing effects. I can hardly wait. :drool:

Fat Burger said:
I noticed this morning that the paper said this movie was "easily the best of the four".

But they also gave SS and CoS a B-, PoA a B+, and GoF an A-, so I don't think they're completely trustworthy.
I can see how it's easily the best as the book was better than the previous books because you can tell by the tone that he's going through his angsty teen years... but the new director who took over with PoA does a stunning job, and GoF has so many special effect possibilities that it's GOT to be better.

Did that make sense/ People are rattling in my ear about free market systems and wal mart

The fourth book is my favorite out of all of them too, and this is the most expensive movie ever made by far, so it should be visually incredible, if nothing else.

PoA was easily the worst of the first three movies. Alfonso Cuarón did a horrible job, which is too bad because he's amazingly talented (as proven by Y tu mamá también).

Fat Burger said:
The fourth book is my favorite out of all of them too, and this is the most expensive movie ever made by far, so it should be visually incredible, if nothing else.

PoA was easily the worst of the first three movies. Alfonso Cuarón did a horrible job, which is too bad because he's amazingly talented (as proven by Y tu mamá también).
Well, didnt' the original dumbledore die during filming or something? So they had to rewrite so many scenes and throw it together.

I believe this is why they substituted Sirius and the werewolf (I'm drawin a blank here) for so many scenes that were supposed to have been Harry and Dumbledore.

Bubbles said:
Also, all the other Potter movies were rated PG, this one is PG 13.......:eek:
Even reading the books, as Harry gets older, the tone turns very dark. I wouldn't let my young child read the books or see the movies as I don't believe they're intended for youngsters at this point.

20051116h.jpg

No, he died shortly before the premiere of CoS, before filming for PoA began.

I forgot about this :lol:
In order to acquaint himself with his three lead actors, director Alfonso Cuarón had each of them write an essay about their characters, from a first-person point of view. Emma Watson, in true Hermione fashion, went a little overboard and wrote an 16 page essay. Daniel Radcliffe wrote a simple one-page summary, and Rupert Grint never even turned his in.