Happy Valentine's Day

He's still my bf... For now...
But what I'm saying at some point he's no longer gonna be my bf and eventually I will meet someone else who will appreciate it.

If you know it wasn't meant to be and at some point you are going to break up why waste your time and stay with him?

If you know it wasn't meant to be and at some point you are going to break up why waste your time and stay with him?

doesn't being a bf or gf w/o a lifetime commitment leave the door open?

Maybe they've got a really good convenient thing and one of them is seeing that it may not be a lifetime venture.

it's like an extended one night stand. FWB. it is, until it isn't.

is that a bad thing?

doesn't being a bf or gf w/o a lifetime commitment leave the door open?

Maybe they've got a really good convenient thing and one of them is seeing that it may not be a lifetime venture.

it's like an extended one night stand. FWB. it is, until it isn't.

is that a bad thing?

huh?

Is that why you're single ?
Serious question.

Will I not date someone if I don't think it has the possibilty of being a long term serious relationship at least? No, I won't commit to someone anymore if I don't think it has the possibilty of working out for the long term. I've had a long list of relationships that I never should have been in or dated people that I knew from the get go would never work out in the long run. After the last time I did that I said never again. I'd rather be single than go through that type of thing again. I'm not going to waste my time, energy, or emotions on something I know won't last. That's just me though. I don't judge you or anyone else who doesn't feel that way or follow that philosophy. Life is too short not to be happy and whatever makes someone happy when it comes to dating and relationships good for them ;)

Last edited:
Will I not date someone if I don't think it has the possibilty of being a long term serious relationship at least? No, I won't commit to someone anymore if I don't think it has the possibilty of working out for the long term. I've had a long list of relationships that I never should have been in or dated people that I knew from the get go would never work out in the long run. After the last time I did that I said never again. I'd rather be single than go through that type of thing again. I'm not going to waste my time, energy, or emotions on something I know won't last. That's just me though. I don't judge you or anyone else who doesn't feel that way or follow that philosophy. Life is too short not to be happy and whatever makes someone happy when it comes to dating and relationships good for them ;)

:jvag:

How you gonna know if someone could work out in the long term if you don't give em a chance. That's what dating is, getting to know the person

How you gonna know if someone could work out in the long term if you don't give em a chance. That's what dating is, getting to know the person

Agreed. But going on dates with someone then taking that next step to a commitment, exclusive, foresaken from all others. serious relationship or whatever is different. For me, I don't go on to that next step if I don't think it will work out in the long run. I just keep it casual.

0IanB5U.gif

I'm just teasing all the scrooges around here. I'm pretty enthusiastic about every holiday. Any reason to celebrate is good to me. Not that I need reasons, but it's always fun to have one. I get teary eyed with joy at Christmas time and excited to dress up for Halloween and I make a big deal out of Easter and we celebrate pagan holidays too. We had a big yule party last year. I don't care if it is commercialized. I love getting gifts for my daughter and I love spending time with my family and friends and eating good food. The more chances I have to do this, the better.

TSRH