Happy Thanksgiving!

btw, most oil loses its flavor (and can turn rancid) after about 6 months.

And also, brining is the best way to cook a turkey. :drool:

Yeah anyone leaving oil in their fryer for 6 months is asking for an ass tasting meal..

What are the Canadians thankful for? Thankful that the US started up underneath them and invented a Thanksgiving so they could steal it and have something to do in the permafrost?

thank u TINYPIC. i can always count on you.

wrkqw3.jpg

omg wtf. Are you kidding me? You deep fry that shit!!

The more you use oil the shittier and fattier it makes food.

Except no. If the temperature is correct, the steam created inside the bird will push and keep the oil from penetrating. A properly done turkey will use little or no oil and does not taste/feel greasy at all.

What about the third turkey you've done in the same oil after it's been sat there for 2 weeks? Eh?

Why are earth are you frying that many turkeys? And 2 weeks is fine if you strain and bottle the oil that never reached more than the smoke point. And you don't have to keep reusing the oil. Grant you it is more ecological, but I would rather pay $10 to have a 5 gallon bucket of cooking oil, use it, then dispose of it in a biodiesel facility and have fresh stuff the next time.

And aren't you British? Isn't your "cuisine" based on boiled me and fried starches? You should know about proper frying techniques.

Why are earth are you frying that many turkeys? And 2 weeks is fine if you strain and bottle the oil that never reached more than the smoke point. And you don't have to keep reusing the oil. Grant you it is more ecological, but I would rather pay $10 to have a 5 gallon bucket of cooking oil, use it, then dispose of it in a biodiesel facility and have fresh stuff the next time.

And aren't you British? Isn't your "cuisine" based on boiled me and fried starches? You should know about proper frying techniques.

It's the Scottish who deep fry mars bars, not the English. And we fry our fish and chips but that's about it really.

It's the Scottish who deep fry mars bars, not the English. And we fry our fish and chips but that's about it really.

You have restaurants just devoted to "chips" (aka French Fries). At least our restaurants serve a sandwich or burger on the side of our fries.