Happy Steak and BJ Day!

Domon, fly gets his throat widen because of the same issue you have... Great for steak and BJ day.
I do recall you said that. Mine was only very very minimally narrowed. Not too much scar tissue, more like swelling that comes nad goes.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
it would seem so, yep. And amount

Example:

Orange juice with pulp: almost immediate reaction after a couple of sips.
Orange juide without pulp: mild reaction, but only if i drink more than 6 ounces. No reaction less than that.
Maybe silent reflux with some esophageal swelling?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
i also have a silent reflux diagnosis. So.. yes. But the reflux doesnt trigger the eosinophil reaction. Thats something else.
Some people get intestinal symptoms from protein molecules from animal products, especially red meat, that irritate the gut. Maybe a similar thing can happen in the esophogus, especially if there is already inflammation from the reflux. Just speculating, wrong thread I know

Thats precisely it. The diagnosis is EOE. My airway is never obstructed, but a lump of food just stops moving. if i drink water, the water sits on top of the lump and makes it worse.

What ive found works best for me is to make double triple sure i chew everything extremely thoroughly, take small bites, eat slow, and if it does get stuck, take deep breaths and it will slowly go down in 5-10 minutes.

Good to know that if it gets really bad i can try the coke thing though, if i was around someplace that had coke. Dont have soda at home.
We have the same issue. Sometimes I can force air down my throat to clear it. If it's really bad, I can force myself to throw up which also clears it. Mostly it just requires paying close attention, because if I don't, I end up drinking something - and that DOES block my airway. Been going on for at least 15 years. :iono: