Happy Steak and BJ Day!

i'm not much of a fan of tongue or tripe

Tongue is absolutely delicious! I had it in tacos from a food truck and it was tender and flavorful. I've only ever had tripe in pho, and it's really there for texture as far as I can tell. Whatever flavor it may or may not have is completely overwhelmed by the flavor of the broth.

Tongue is absolutely delicious! I had it in tacos from a food truck and it was tender and flavorful. I've only ever had tripe in pho, and it's really there for texture as far as I can tell. Whatever flavor it may or may not have is completely overwhelmed by the flavor of the broth.

the tongue I had was in taco form as well. from a restaurant not a truck though.

Yeah but then you are eating the stock not the beef. *idk* You can use tibia bones in stock as well. Tail makes for the sort of stock I dont like, it turns into jelly when it cools off. Which is a desired effect in some places but beef flavored jello aint my bag.

Yeah but then you are eating the stock not the beef. *idk* You can use tibia bones in stock as well. Tail makes for the sort of stock I dont like, it turns into jelly when it cools off. Which is a desired effect in some places but beef flavored jello aint my bag.

you don't eat the jelly, you use it melted in sauces. That's what proper stock looks like.

Last edited: