Food HALP ! Who Cooks With A Crock Pot or Slow Cooker ?

I'm surprised chikken didn't tell you to skip the chicken and just put scotch in the crockpot, with a side of scotch, followed up with a spoonful of crisco and scotch for dessert.

He did though ! ChikkenNoods pm'd me. He didn't tell me to use a spoonful of crisco ... he suggested bacon lard. Rancid bacon lard.

I might try that ... it sounds yummy.

You've already had some good advice. I'd add ground beef, tomatoes and beans to the chilli sauce. Oh, and leave the chicken out, it's sort of bland. Don't waste good cooking whisky either. You can drink that instead, even cooking whisky is better than most things. Oh, and cook some rice to go with that chilli.

You're doing it wrong.

Personally I've never done it, but everyone I know who enjoys this kind of cooking says I just haven't had food prepared correctly from a crock pot. So I try their version of bland chicken and vegetables cooked for entirely too long and get the same effect. So far, nobody has convinced me that it can be good. I'll eat mushy food when I'm old and have no teeth.

just roast the goddamn chicken. kosher salt and pepper inside and all over, tie that bitch up, put it in a skillet and roast at 425F for an hour.

Personally I've never done it, but everyone I know who enjoys this kind of cooking says I just haven't had food prepared correctly from a crock pot. So I try their version of bland chicken and vegetables cooked for entirely too long and get the same effect. So far, nobody has convinced me that it can be good. I'll eat mushy food when I'm old and have no teeth.

There are lots of meats that lend themselves to low, slow cooking. In all fairness, chicken really isn't the best choice.

a good pot roast is outstanding.

For Chx, I'd cut that bitch up, add:
1 whole cut up onion,
1/2 a head of garlic,
1 bullion cube dilluted in 1/2 cup h20 (not the 1 cup it will tell you to do)
1 tsp of italian seasoning,
2 tbs olive oil
a little ground pepper

then gently mix it up, cover it & leave it on low for 8 hrs. Taste it & add a little salt about 10 mins before you serve it.

The meat will be falling off the bones. You can use it for anything. Chx Alfredo, over rice, Tacos, sandwiches, etc. Hell, just stand at the fridge with a fork & eat it out of the plastic container.

Last edited:
There are lots of meats that lend themselves to low, slow cooking. In all fairness, chicken really isn't the best choice.

Pork Shoulder. Coat with a nice rub, cook on low for 8 hours, shred with two forks. Awesome pulled pork.