HA HA!...state holiday

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
Today is "Pioneer Day" here in Utah, which is a paid state holiday for most people (including me). Therefore I have been up at Kimie's parent's house all weekend just hanging around and doing a lot of nothing.

A few points of interest:

- We listed our condo on Friday in the MLS at 1pm. It was sold for full asking price at 830pm that same day.

- We're moving to a larger townhouse in late August, we're very excited about it and are getting a great deal on it.

- Kyler Richard McCutchan (my son) will be born any day now. August is going to be a busy month for us.

- With the equity money from the sale of our condo we're paying off all of our CC debt and after a long wait I get to buy a motorcycle. The bike's I'm currently looking at are:

Kawasaki Ninja 650R (I'm leaning heavily towards this one currently, but I change my mind almost hourly)
650r.jpg

Yamaha FZ6
fz6.jpg

A used Yamaha R6
r6.jpg

Suzuki GS500f
suzuki_gs500f.jpg

Any info on these or suggestions on other models? I'm trying to keep the cost less than $6k

theacoustician said:
Kyler? As in more Kyle than the original?

It's like in ricer racers. The "R" means better. :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Suzuki SV650, or DL650 - the DL being nice for gravel/dirt road exploring

I test rode a couple of Ducati's recently and fell in love with V-twins :drool:

My brother has a Zuki 650S that he's in love with. I've been on it a bit, but don't really like it all that much.

shawndavid said:
My buddy has an R6 with a jet pack or soemhing or other and he loves t.

I've always wanted an R6, but am still in the "learning" phase, so I may talk myself into something less aggressive.

KNYTE said:
It's like in ricer racers. The "R" means better. :fly:
I'm not sure what is more disturbing. The fact that you are naming your kid after elpmis (or more elpmis as the case may be) or the fact his middle name is Dick.

You should figure out a way to make his first name start with a U and his middle with an S. That way his initials are USMC and everyone would know he's some sort of lunatic badass.

theacoustician said:
I'm not sure what is more disturbing. The fact that you are naming your kid after elpmis (or more elpmis as the case may be) or the fact his middle name is Dick.

You should figure out a way to make his first name start with a U and his middle with an S. That way his initials are USMC and everyone would know he's some sort of lunatic badass.

Apparently you are unaware that my first name is also Kyle. ;)

theacoustician said:

I think hes just happy that hell finally have someone in the house that he can trade clothes with.

theacoustician said:
No, I'm aware. That's just not nearly as funny.

Touche'

Drool-Boy said:
and wtf kinda bullshit is "pioneer day"? Sounds like some hippy made up shit to me.

It celebrates the Mormon pioneers coming over the plains into the Salt Lake valley. If that isn't an indicator that Mormons truly run this state from top to bottom I don't know what else could be.

Drool-Boy said:
Im jelous your getting a new bike.
I want a new bike.
Buy me a new bike.

You work for NASA my friend, trick them into building you one. Made entirely of Titanium, with HUGE booster packs...and drag fins.

KNYTE said:
It celebrates the Mormon pioneers coming over the plains into the Salt Lake valley. If that isn't an indicator that Mormons truly run this state from top to bottom I don't know what else could be.

Closest thing to that we have is cinco de mayo. But white folks dont get that day off.

KNYTE said:
You work for NASA my friend, trick them into building you one. Made entirely of Titanium, with HUGE booster packs...and drag fins.

Im sure theyd catch on when I brought in a big v-twin for them to install in the frame theyve been building.