HA HA!...state holiday

If it's your first bike I'd recommend getting something used. Don't spend more than a couple grand if you can help it. The idea is to have something that you can learn on that you won't mind having bad things happen to. Ride it for a year or two, then go for the nice bike that you really want.

itburnswhenipee said:
If it's your first bike I'd recommend getting something used. Don't spend more than a couple grand if you can help it. The idea is to have something that you can learn on that you won't mind having bad things happen to. Ride it for a year or two, then go for the nice bike that you really want.
yup, but an R6 new or old is stupid fast

I'm actually about to pull the trigger on a GSX600 - Knyte, the 650 is a blast too

edit: go to a bike shop and sit on everything

This will be the first bike I've personally owned, but I've been out quite a bit in the past on various bikes and sizes.

I'm trying to get out to a shop today that I know has a 650, but of course they're all closed. Jerks.

It just occurred to me that Pioneer Day sounds like some kind of Soviet holiday. Do you need to wear something that looks like this?
200px-Pioneers_Member_Pin.jpg

you could buy a new gun instead so you'll be around to see your kids grow up :fly:

*shields self from incoming barrage of shit*

why_ask_why said:
you could buy a new gun instead so you'll be around to see your kids grow up :fly:

*shields self from incoming barrage of shit*
ya getting a sport bike and thinking about having a kid soon is kinda like 'huh?'

ChikkenNoodul said:
Bah, you have a better chance of dying while crossing the street :p

I heard about a guy that died on a bike a week ago locally from a friend...he had been back from Iraq for 2 months and was so bored with civilian life in comparison that he accidentally snapped his neck taking a spill at ~150mph :(

granted that's a stupid way to go but if you don't do it to yourself, someone else will eventually

why_ask_why said:
I heard about a guy that died on a bike a week ago locally from a friend...he had been back from Iraq for 2 months and was so bored with civilian life in comparison that he accidentally snapped his neck taking a spill at ~150mph :(

granted that's a stupid way to go but if you don't do it to yourself, someone else will eventually

I'd like to think that I'm a little more responsible than that.

:shifty:

why_ask_why said:

not everyone dies just because they ride

Drool-Boy said:
Not entirely true.
I know guys that have ridden for 20+ years without a major incident.
It happens, its not uncommon, but its not a fact that it will happen.

a couple get lucky...I have a feeling I wouldn't be amongst that group however :p