God hates gay people????

but where does it say that he's the puppet master? few judeo-christian denominations claim that god controls all of our actions. just because he can doesn't mean he actually does

I'm trying to figure out how physics told fly there is no free will.

wait what? He's all powerful thus could have given none of us free will and made us all inherently devoted to worshipping him. Apparently he chose not to. He's all knowing so while he may know full well that some people are going to turn away he has decided, in his supposed inifite power, to let it happen.

An omniscient diety and a people with free will are not mutually exclusive.

If he knows past, present, and future (ie. omniscient), then the actions have already been decided. They WILL happen as he sees them (already) happening. If there is a deviation in the future from what he forsees, then he certainly isn't omniscient.

I'm trying to figure out how physics told fly there is no free will.

One of the theories to come out of general relativity (or was it special, I don't remember but can Google it if you'd like :D) showed that if you could know the direction and speed of every particle in the universe that you could timeline it all back to the beginning and forward to the "end".

However, quantum mechanics says that bullshit and impossible.

Same can be said about the "devil", shouldnt exist if god is omnipotent

It has been argued that instead of the traditional "fallen angel" theory, Satan, or any satan, exists in order to be the prosecutor of mankind.

"In biblical sources the Hebrew term the satan describes an adversarial role. It is not the name of a particular character. Although Hebrew storytellers as early as the sixth century B.C.E. occasionally introduced a supernatural character whom they called the satan, what they meant was any one of the angels sent by God for the specific purpose of blocking or obstructing human activity." [Elaine Pagels, "The Origin of Satan," 1995]

Last edited:
If he knows past, present, and future (ie. omniscient), then the actions have already been decided. They WILL happen as he sees them (already) happening. If there is a deviation in the future from what he forsees, then he certainly isn't omniscient.

One of the theories to come out of general relativity (or was it special, I don't remember but can Google it if you'd like :D) showed that if you could know the direction and speed of every particle in the universe that you could timeline it all back to the beginning and forward to the "end".

However, quantum mechanics says that bullshit and impossible.
That's philosophical determinism + Newtonian physics (classical mechanics). Relativity is 99% about gravity.

It's a nice idea except for the fact that classic mechanics is "a good approximation" of how the universe works. Because ZOMG THE MORE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POSITION (OR ANGULAR MOMENTUM) OF SOMETHING IN A PHYSICAL SYSTEM THE LESS YOU KNOW ABOUT IT'S ANGULAR MOMENTUM (OR POSITION).

Well of course God hates fags. Fags suck. Now gay people, they are ok. Fags are annoying and whiny.

That still doesn't preclude the existence of free will. Actions have not already been decided. For all you know this god could have eighteen million different ideas on what's going to happen for each individual soul. If he truly is all powerful and trancends all the laws of physics then he can transcend all possible realities, thus he can see the outcome of every single reality that could ever be possible. Since he can see all these outcomes and we are limited to the outcomes he can see - which are inherently infinite - then our choices are not limited by anything at all.

I must congradulate the singer. Homosexuality is a tough habit to break. He obviously hasn't quit cold turkey, however, with that voice change and paisley wardrobe, but he must be like step 9 of the 12 step program to cleanse his homosexual tendancies.

That still doesn't preclude the existence of free will. Actions have not already been decided. For all you know this god could have eighteen million different ideas on what's going to happen for each individual soul. If he truly is all powerful and trancends all the laws of physics then he can transcend all possible realities, thus he can see the outcome of every single reality that could ever be possible. Since he can see all these outcomes and we are limited to the outcomes he can see - which are inherently infinite - then our choices are not limited by anything at all.

Exactly.

Knowing the outcome of every possible choice doesnt preclude one from making those choices.

Fly is also confusing free will with fatalism.

Exactly.

Knowing the outcome of every possible choice doesnt preclude one from making those choices.

Fly is also confusing free will with fatalism.

Daily free will, whatever. In the end, if you choose not to worship that God, you're supposedly fucked forever. So what was the point of all that free will tedium if ultimately it's for naught? What a waste of time.

Daily free will, whatever. In the end, if you choose not to worship that God, you're supposedly fucked forever. So what was the point of all that free will tedium if ultimately it's for naught? What a waste of time.

Was there a question there?

That's philosophical determinism + Newtonian physics (classical mechanics). Relativity is 99% about gravity.

It's a nice idea except for the fact that classic mechanics is "a good approximation" of how the universe works. Because ZOMG THE MORE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE POSITION (OR ANGULAR MOMENTUM) OF SOMETHING IN A PHYSICAL SYSTEM THE LESS YOU KNOW ABOUT IT'S ANGULAR MOMENTUM (OR POSITION).

Note my last line. Which ever of Einstein's theories it was, classical mechanics will work for the definition I'm referring to. In classical mechanics its possible to define the location and speed. What you reference in all caps is quantum mechanics. Classical mechanics defines large objects, quantum defines small objects. They BOTH break down when trying to explain the other's domain. See quote:

summary of Hawkings book said:
Determinism: source of confidence in the olden days
Hawking reviews the significance of Newton's laws as understood by Laplace: if we know the location and velocity of every particle in a system (up to and including the entire universe) at a certain moment in time, then Newton's laws enable us to calculate the location and speed of every particle at any time in the future or the past.

So then you're saying that He doesn't have any idea on the routes I take to get to heaven?

"I know everything."
"I'm getting in my car, which roads will I take home?"
"I don't know."

errr, wait...

Last edited:
So since we are on the topic or this I have always wondered something...

How does the bible explain us finding dinosaur bones? Does religion have an explanation to there being a whole different being here before us?

I never asked that before, would be nice to know.

So then you're saying that He doesn't have any idea on the routes I take to get to heaven?

"I know everything."
"I'm getting in my car, which roads will I take home?"
"I don't know."

errr, wait...

You completely missed my bit about all possible realities, didn't you?

Normally I dont even talk to whiney fucking bitches so keep a smart mouth.

Welcome to our world.

Anyway, this is Abrahamic monotheism in a nutshell:

God: "All you little kids go play in that room over there. I gave you free will so you can do whatever you want and play with whatever you want. The sky's the limit!"

Kids, in unison: "Yaaaaaaaaay! You're the best, mister!"

God: "I know. Go play, and have fun! Oh, I almost forgot. If you decide you'd rather play somewhere else or that my toys aren't all that fun my assistants will take you out back and shoot you in the face."

Kids: "What? That's not very nice. I thought you said we have free will and could do whatever we want! *sniff* "

God: "You can! You just have to choose to be dependent on me or I'll fucking kill you! LOL"