Get Your War On!

I had that problem too, Coqui. I registered as a new user and bitched and moaned to steam. They asked me to provide things like pictures of my CD key's and shit. Eventually they updated all my info.

I had that problem too, Coqui. I registered as a new user and bitched and moaned to steam. They asked me to provide things like pictures of my CD key's and sh*t. Eventually they updated all my info.

They're making it sound like it's worthless to even try that nowadays.

Steam is horrid. No doubt. I would just be thankful you still can access your account. I couldn't because my password had been reset and sent to an email that no longer existed. There must be thousands of people who got reamed by them. Their anti-piracy measures are ridiculous and still ineffective.

I think it's not worth fighting over. It took me about a month of back and forth with steam before I got what I needed to play games again.

Steam did get a lot better, since I first used it in, what? 2003? It used to be slow and awful. Now it's just plain awful.

As far as DRM goes, I think steam is pretty d*mn unobtrusive. And thats a good thing.

Until some jackass developer decided they need additional DRM for their precious product.
I bought a game called Risen on steam, and it STILL required a key validation + has a limited number of installs:rolleyes: 'course, I didnt find all that out until AFTER I paid for it, otherwise I would have just stolen the damn thing.
Abusing paying customers like that is just ridiculous.

Until some jackass developer decided they need additional DRM for their precious product.
I bought a game called Risen on steam, and it STILL required a key validation + has a limited number of installs:rolleyes: 'course, I didnt find all that out until AFTER I paid for it, otherwise I would have just stolen the d*mn thing.
Abusing paying customers like that is just ridiculous.

I thought the whole point of Steam was you could damage your CD's and never have to worry about it once the game's been registered. So you can use the game no matter where you go as long as you have your own ID.

:confused:

hmmm, I haven't logged into steam in a good 4-5 years. I had a bunch of purchases too. might do that sometime soon and play off my laptop at home and run it on my tv

When you buy something through Steam that was made by another developer other than Valve, they've been known to do wonky things like that.

Sometimes the production company requires it, which is totally gay. I seem to recall some game that came out with SecuROM because the production company required it. The devs removed it with the first update, because they met their contractual requirements.

Basically, its because companies don't understand Steam.

Normally I don't like digital download content for shit I actually pay for. I like a hard copy. But I did get Dragons Age: Origins through steam, and it's worked just fine and dandy for me. However, if my Internet is down, so is my ability to play Steam enabled games, which sucks, so it's probably the last Steam distributed game I'll actually buy via Steam.

Normally I don't like digital download content for shit I actually pay for. I like a hard copy. But I did get Dragons Age: Origins through steam, and it's worked just fine and dandy for me. However, if my Internet is down, so is my ability to play Steam enabled games, which sucks, so it's probably the last Steam distributed game I'll actually buy via Steam.

You can switch Steam to "offline mode" or something, at least you used to be able to when we played CS on the LAN and we couldn't get to Steam because of the firewall :shady: