Gal darn dangit sonofathief

zengirl said:
yes.

We're thinking of a vegas wedding, not the cheesy elvis ones but to have something at like Caesar's or Bellagio or the Luxor or something. We can do something like that for under $10k, and it would be fun... but our families wouldn't really come, and we wouldn't have much of a turnout. So I'm considering stuff closer to home and it's looking to be around $20k. He says that's too much, I just want family and friends to be able to partake, I don't want to offend or exclude anyone, and my family are pretty conservative bible thumpers so I dunno how they'd feel about flying out to Sin City, even though that's kinda what we both want to do.
Your wedding is about you, not your family. And with all due respect, this is your second, didn't you learn from your first one that none of that crap matters?

fly said:
Your wedding is about you, not your family. And with all due respect, this is your second, didn't you learn from your first one that none of that crap matters?
I didnt' get what I wanted the first time, now I have a chance at a do over and I don't want to waste it

zengirl said:
I didnt' get what I wanted the first time, now I have a chance at a do over and I don't want to waste it
But don't you see that money could be better spent? It isn't about a fairytale wedding, its about a fairytale marriage.

b_sinning said:
20K for a wedding is crazy. Spend that money towards buying a house instead of a one day event.

it's really not that crazy...I've seen 20k bar tabs just for the reception:eek:

I'd rather just elope and pocket ALL the cash :D

why_ask_why said:
it's really not that crazy...I've seen 20k bar tabs just for the reception:eek:

I'd rather just elope and pocket ALL the cash :D
Well, this is the thing... I work with and for a lot of wealthy folks. If I put out 20k for a wedding, I could easily get at least half of that back in gifts and cash, whereas if I elope or plan a destination wedding, I wont' get quite the windfall.

I know it's greedy, but it's true.

So far I've only found ONE local location that would cost under $50k, these places cost $15-20k just for the catering, that doesn't include music, photos, cake, location, ceremony, flowers, all that... it's just insane around here.

contact a tv show and allow them to do whatever they want, so long as they're paying. then you'll have a great wedding and it'll be free, albeit all over the tv...

Thorn Bird said:
contact a tv show and allow them to do whatever they want, so long as they're paying. then you'll have a great wedding and it'll be free, albeit all over the tv...
No, I watch those shows all the time, I don't know how people can let that happen. I do want it to be ours, it's just really hard thinking about how we're going to incorporate as much as we can and still maintain a modest budget.

smileynev said:
I like getting married.
I want to have a big party where everyone eats, gets drunk, dances to bad 80's music, has lots of pictures taken and I get presents.

What's wrong with that?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, but $15,000 for a 3 week honeymoon in the South Pacific sounds a SHIT load more desirable :F

depending where you stay, that may only make it a week!

that's where my woman wants to go and I'm all for it...don't think we'll be spending 15k though (I'm too cheap :eek: )

:F

why_ask_why said:
depending where you stay, that may only make it a week!

that's where my woman wants to go and I'm all for it...don't think we'll be spending 15k though (I'm too cheap :eek: )

15k for a week??? wow. royalty++

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, but $15,000 for a 3 week honeymoon in the South Pacific sounds a SHIT load more desirable :F

I agree. I would much rather spend the money on that than the wedding.