From sea to shinning Sea

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I had to go drop off some papers to a friend of mine at the beach before getting on a flight to San Jose California earlier. So in one day I got to see the Atlantic and the Pacific. A very odd long day. I was amazed on how much the US is unpopulated. How long do you think is going to last. Where do you see the US in 100 years? In the past 100 years we have really populated both coasts but the further you get from the coast the less populated the US seems to be. Are we still expanding within our own borders are have we moved on to moon bases and base stations. In the past 100 years we have really populated both coasts but the further you get from the coast the less populated the US seems to be.

You must be exhausted. Missing question marks, repeating entire sentences...

But anyway, most coastal nations have their population centers along the water for reasons of trade. But the U.S. is still expanding its interior, too. Cities like Denver and Dallas are experiencing massive population booms, and have been for years. It's just that in a nation with as much territory asa the U.S. it will take a very very long time for the effect to be noticeable when looking down from an airplane.

I'd be willing to bet that the proportion of cost to inland living will stay around the same while having huge explosions in population. No matter what happens though there still will need to be large areas of open land for farming to actually feed people.

djdouchebag said:
I'd be willing to bet that the proportion of cost to inland living will stay around the same while having huge explosions in population. No matter what happens though there still will need to be large areas of open land for farming to actually feed people.

naa.. not true, we'll just force more dependency on third world countries for that..

djdouchebag said:
Not with the price of housing near water...

For some reason I'm reminded of the Simpson's episode where they go to Australia and in the US embassy they've built a toilet that spins the water the "right" direction. When Homer sees it a tear streaks down his cheek and he signs softly "Oh beautiful for spacious skies...."

:lol:

Last edited:
ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah :(

It was beyond gorgeous

She was saying something about "cold....too remote...cold....cold.....and cold"

Well I tell you what, sweetlips. Ditch her and I guarantee you'll still have at least one warm body to keep you company. :hi2u:

KNYTE said:
For some reason I'm reminded of the Simpson's episode where they go to Australia and in the US embassy they've built a toiled that spins the water the "right" direction. When Homer sees it a tear streaks down his cheek and he signs softly "Oh beautiful for spacious skies...."

speaking of the simpsons..."the shinning" :fly:

why_ask_why said:
speaking of the simpsons..."the shinning" :fly:

They need to devote an entire episode to Willy and explain his whole life story. I keep waiting for them to do it, and yet they do not. :(

KNYTE said:
For some reason I'm reminded of the Simpson's episode where they go to Australia and in the US embassy they've built a toiled that spins the water the "right" direction. When Homer sees it a tear streaks down his cheek and he signs softly "Oh beautiful for spacious skies...."

I love that episode, especially all the frogs

KNYTE said:
They need to devote an entire episode to Willy and explain his whole life story. I keepfor them to do it, and yet they do not. :(

You should e-mail the show that idea. They need ideas.

Yes I was exhausted and I made the free drink period at my hotel before posting.

It's amazing how many name companies there are here in Silicon Valley. Just today I passed McAfee, Sun, Ebay, Yahoo, Nortel, EMC, Foundry, Cisco, ATI, and tons more.