Free concert in ATL tonight

elpmis said:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6822/ref=pd_bbs_9/102-0790045-0981713?ie=UTF8

Read the first review :

Okay, I never thought I would say this. I am a huge Zeppelin fan from the 1970s. I have listened to lots of live Zeppelin, most recently "How the West Was Won". (And that's a nice compilation.) BUT

THE CROWES DO ZEPPELIN SONGS LIVE BETTER THAN LED ZEPPELIN DID. The vocals are better, the extra guitarists add so much punch and texture, and even the drumming sounds great (and Bonham is the gold standard).

Now that I've confessed, I feel better. Maybe this should be anonymous, though...

sounds like it was an awesome show...too bad I couldn't make it
I'll be by to copy your cd shortly :shady:

:D

elpmis said:
some of the reviews from the amazon site say that if anything jimmy page weighed the crowes down :fly:
The fact they had to end the tour early because he broke his hip or something lends credibility to this theory. It was only a couple of days before I was supposed to see it too. Fuckers.

This amazon review made me lol:

Music Douche said:
If you're one of the douche bags who say this is BETTER than Led Zeppelin, you're insane and don't fully understand Led Zeppelin. This is pretty damn good though, no doubt about it. The vocals are great and of course the extra guitars supply all of Jimmy's studio overdubs in a live setting, which is great to hear. However, Led Zeppelin this is NOT. Want proof? Listen closely to how the drummer completely botches the meter during the intro to "Sick Again". Bonzo must have rolled over in his grave over that one.

HE BOTCHED THE METER!!! OMFG HOW COULD HE BOTCH THE METER!?!?!?!

Dallas sucks. We get Paul Simon and Poison, you guys get what sounds like good music. Not that I don't like Paul Simon, but it's Paul Simon.

InnerMuse said:
It's off I-4, near the fairgrounds, I think.

I'm going to check the times and ticket prices.
Someone on their boards is trying to sell two box seats (row 1), parking pass (VIP) and admission to the private bar for $150.

Sarcasmo said:
Dallas sucks. We get Paul Simon and Poison, you guys get what sounds like good music. Not that I don't like Paul Simon, but it's Paul Simon.

he's a no talent hack without garfunkel

InnerMuse said:
I would have to disagree, his poetry is spectacular.

I think it was Futurama that had Garfunkel replaced with a monotoned robot. :lol: I couldn't stop laughing!

I was joking ;)

Sarcasmo said:
Its God's way of punishing you for living in Texas.