Free concert in ATL tonight

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
Marklar
₥0
The Black Crowes with special guests Robert Randolph and Drive By Truckers at Hi Fi Buys Amphitheater. Tickets are now free, but you still have to pay the Ticketbastard fee so its like $6 a pair. You have to call Ticketmaster to take advantage now. I don't know if they'll still be free at the box office (I'm guessing so). Chances of seeing Greg Allman and Jimmy Herring sitting in on a couple of songs are extremely high, so I'm told.

At first I was a bit disappointed at the news, but then hearing that HiFi Buys is the largest amphitheater in the US, I guess I can understand. Cool of them to give them away for free rather than let them go to waste.

IBT they suck blah blah blah. If you haven't seem them live, you don't know what you're missing. Its free and you weren't doing anything better tonight anyways.

Drool-Boy said:
Never heard of them, but Ima check em out now
This pretty much sums them up
banner_DBTFiscus2.jpg

Pics : http://www.im5.com/07.06.06.htm
Mp3s : eh ... maybe a small sample later. I'm not going to piss off the band or Instant Live by posting a whole song. I want to encourage more bands to use this service as it fucking kicks ass.
Was Kate there? I think she was off on stage right. Hard to tell though.
Finger bang? Uh ... no.

b_sinning said:
I can't believe no one has asked "Did you shake your money maker?"
Yes, yes I did. But if that's what you expected the show to sound like, as many of the angry rednecks there did, you were disappointed. If you take the best parts of Pink Floyd, The Dead, and Led Zep, add a health dash of soul, you have last night's show.

theacoustician said:
Yes, yes I did. But if that's what you expected the show to sound like, as many of the angry rednecks there did, you were disappointed. If you take the best parts of Pink Floyd, The Dead, and Led Zep, add a health dash of soul, you have last night's show.
i'm sure the show was good, but let's not get carried away here

elpmis said:
i'm sure the show was good, but let's not get carried away here
Ask Pandora. Its not an exaggeration. Need you forget that they toured with Page in '01 and played a shitload of Zep songs that Jimmy even said sounded as good if not better than the shows they were doing in the 70's.

theacoustician said:
Ask Pandora. Its not an exaggeration. Need you forget that they toured with Page in '01 and played a shitload of Zep songs that Jimmy even said sounded as good if not better than the shows they were doing in the 70's.
whoa