[Article] Forum upgrade complete-ish

I like the subtle warning label above the reply box in the on topic threads. Now there can be no doubt.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Zenforo have some real shitty designers. At least the mobile site is now using more of the page instead of those crappy borders they had before.
I'm sure fly wil activate some different themes and/or tweak this one. Zenforo is the forum software that runs the whole backend, but they don't waste too much time/effort on themes since it is a lot easier to tweak/expand a basic theme, than trying to carve down someone's ELSE's design masterpiece. And you probably will want to give your site it's own look. * I miss the "dazed bull" background before logging in. :(

I think it looks great. A zen site is a lot of work, the bass guys know I have done it. How much work? Typical rates for someone to install Zen and build you a moderately customized site starts around$2500-$3k USD. It's not like doing Wordpress, Joomla, phpbb.
Zen has great power, but one must tread softly, grasshopper.

Thanks @fly !

I'm sure fly wil activate some different themes and/or tweak this one. Zenforo is the forum software that runs the whole backend, but they don't waste too much time/effort on themes since it is a lot easier to tweak/expand a basic theme, than trying to carve down someone's ELSE's design masterpiece. And you probably will want to give your site it's own look. * I miss the "dazed bull" background before logging in. :(

I think it looks great. A zen site is a lot of work, the bass guys know I have done it. How much work? Typical rates for someone to install Zen and build you a moderately customized site starts around$2500-$3k USD. It's not like doing Wordpress, Joomla, phpbb.
Zen has great power, but one must tread softly, grasshopper.

Thanks @fly !
Damn. I should start doing forums for people. I could do a few of these per month.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
Is there a setting I don't know about to make the font bigger? It's tiny. Phone settings or the text scaling thing in chrome don't seem to have any effect. Have to zoom in the screen and thumb left to right 'cause then the sentences are longer than the screen is wide.

"You got what you paid for" is an acceptable answer.

Weird. Font in the text box when writing the post is big and easy to read. When just reading threads though it is miniature.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Like I said, looks good on my phone. I'm just using chrome.
Maybe I just don't know any better.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Is there a setting I don't know about to make the font bigger? It's tiny. Phone settings or the text scaling thing in chrome don't seem to have any effect. Have to zoom in the screen and thumb left to right 'cause then the sentences are longer than the screen is wide.

"You got what you paid for" is an acceptable answer.

Weird. Font in the text box when writing the post is big and easy to read. When just reading threads though it is miniature.
Likely not ready yet. There is usually a weekish break in period when fly messes around. He usually starts his own "Broken Foram" thread where you can let him know what is FUBAR. Till then, tag him in this thread and let him know of things that you see that may be broken?

Like I said, looks good on my phone. I'm just using chrome.
Maybe I just don't know any better.

That's what I'm using. Figured out where everything was pretty quick, just a geriatric font option for my old eyes be kinda nice.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
They were all on Tapatalk

Oh. So that's not functional here right now.
What is the purpose of using Tapatalk anyway? I've always used chrome on my phone and I don't think I'm missing out on any forum features. Is it something in my V10 (old I know) that just makes sites mobile friendly?

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and HipHugHer