FYI For black history month I shall post some black stats

"ok, it's time to start doing something with your lives"?
this implies that they're not trying to do something with true lives, despite many of them having massive and minor issues to overcome that you're refusing to acknowledge exist. it's all fine and well to be like "slavery and Jim Crow are over!" even if the latter is arguable, but the way that they've shaped the society we currently exist in can't be ignored and the fact is that we are still seeing repercussions from those, whether you think so or not. it is hard enough to escape the cycle of poverty before you add in the racial aspect, but the fact is that people of color are disproportionately living in poverty, and most of them have only had a generation or so where it has even been possible for them to escape.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

disregard the title and check out some of the history mentioned there. it's not that long ago, and it might help give specific examples of what @my little brony was talking about

yo my dude if you're not going to bother reading how are you gonna respond to it like you know what it says
lxiXjmY.jpg

yo my dude if you're not going to bother reading how are you gonna respond to it like you know what it says

I actually read a large portion of it, and that's pretty much all it says.

a very well written and researched article, but it's still just an excuse.

Again, how long before people can realistically say "ok, seriously, go get a fucking job"?

100 years, 500, 10,000? At what point does personal accountability on an individual basis, ya know, that lame standard that white people are held to, finally kick in?

I actually read a large portion of it, and that's pretty much all it says.

a very well written and researched article, but it's still just an excuse.

Again, how long before people can realistically say "ok, seriously, go get a fucking job"?

100 years, 500, 10,000? At what point does personal accountability on an individual basis, ya know, that lame standard that white people are held to, finally kick in?
What about the poor white people who are also abusing the system?

this implies that they're not trying to do something with true lives, despite many of them having massive and minor issues to overcome that you're refusing to acknowledge exist. it's all fine and well to be like "slavery and Jim Crow are over!" even if the latter is arguable, but the way that they've shaped the society we currently exist in can't be ignored and the fact is that we are still seeing repercussions from those, whether you think so or not. it is hard enough to escape the cycle of poverty before you add in the racial aspect, but the fact is that people of color are disproportionately living in poverty, and most of them have only had a generation or so where it has even been possible for them to escape.
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

disregard the title and check out some of the history mentioned there. it's not that long ago, and it might help give specific examples of what @my little brony was talking about

yo we all know anyone that doesn't already get this is going to look at the title of that article and be like

FDIVYNL.gif