WTF Fly and Ape are rethinking that whole atheism thing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.thinkatheist.com/profiles/blogs/bill-nye-bood-in-texas-for

Bill Nye boo'ed because he said the moon reflects sun light.

HAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lol:

I know someone who probably would boo him. They also do not believe the earth is older than like 6000 years old (or something stupid).

As much as you hate religions, at least where I grew up (went to Catholic school) we learned about dinosaurs and that they are from millions or billions or whatever years ago. We looked at the solar eclipse in school and tied it in via science class. We also learned about evolution and all that. I cannot wrap my brain around the people who have to separate the two so much.

I don't mean that those who don't believe in God are bad, just that those who try to use stupid religious text as "gospel" yet ignore science. Of course these are the same ones who cherry pick which quotes to take literally from the Bible and which to ignore.

I know someone who probably would boo him. They also do not believe the earth is older than like 6000 years old (or something stupid).

As much as you hate religions, at least where I grew up (went to Catholic school) we learned about dinosaurs and that they are from millions or billions or whatever years ago. We looked at the solar eclipse in school and tied it in via science class. We also learned about evolution and all that. I cannot wrap my brain around the people who have to separate the two so much.

I don't mean that those who don't believe in God are bad, just that those who try to use stupid religious text as "gospel" yet ignore science. Of course these are the same ones who cherry pick which quotes to take literally from the Bible and which to ignore.

If you want to REALLY blow their minds, point them here.

http://www.casinapioiv.va/content/accademia/en.html

The Vatican-sponsored sciences institute, complete with publications on the Big Bang theory, ecological practices, etc.

So seriously... in my Christian School Education I learned that:

Pyramids were built by half-demons (demons seduced women who gave birth to these half-demons)
I learned that dinosaurs and people were around at the same time.
I learned that the earth is just over 4,000 years old.
I learned NOTHING about slavery.
We didn't read any questionable literature like Shakespeare or Mary Shelley or any of that nonsense.
Angels are real you guys because my Bible teacher SAW ONE!

Pyramids were built by half-demons (demons seduced women who gave birth to these half-demons)
We didn't read any questionable literature like Shakespeare or Mary Shelley or any of that nonsense.

my mind if full of fuck now

If you want to REALLY blow their minds, point them here.

http://www.casinapioiv.va/content/accademia/en.html

The Vatican-sponsored sciences institute, complete with publications on the Big Bang theory, ecological practices, etc.

It wouldn't matter to them. They seriously believe the technology used to find out scientific facts are wrong. Like the methods are so inaccurate that it cannot be trusted. Not to mention that they believe Catholics are not even real Christians anyway...

The stuff that @Dharma1521 stated are routinely taught and 100% believed.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't matter to them. They seriously believe the technology used to find out scientific facts are wrong. Like the methods are so inaccurate that it cannot be trusted. Not to mention that they believe Catholics are not even real Christians anyway...

The stuff that @Dharma1521 stated are routinely taught and 100% believed.

Well that's because they aren't real Christians :fly:

Last edited by a moderator:
the church has attracted people to its flock because of beer for millenia. This is not a new tactic. Hell, they even CHARGE for the beer at Trappist monestaries in Belgium, paying for their church that way. You would get your pint of beer as you entered the sanctuary for Sunday mass even.

I personally think it's shameful, contemptible, and immoral to con simple people into your doctrine by use of behavioral chemicals because the "good news" that is supposed to appeal to the masses is not finding as much favor anymore.

Disgusting.

Jesus himself preached NOT to advertise your religion, just practice what you preach and encourage others to ACT like better people. Not advertise to fill pews.

and that has... pretty much zero to do with modern religion. theres not a single religion out there that follows Jesus's guidance. Theres a whole bunch that worship him as a god, but dont listen so closely to what he had to say though.

Jain'ism is probably about the closest, despite having nothing to do with him.

Regardless of the supernatural aspects, i dont think anyone can deny that as a dude, Jesus had a lot of good ideas, and is someone to be emulated, or at least listened to.

"Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money."

^^that? That sounds redonkulous.

I bet they encouraging tithing.

and that has... pretty much zero to do with modern religion. theres not a single religion out there that follows Jesus's guidance. Theres a whole bunch that worship him as a god, but dont listen so closely to what he had to say though.

Jain'ism is probably about the closest, despite having nothing to do with him.

Regardless of the supernatural aspects, i dont think anyone can deny that as a dude, Jesus had a lot of good ideas, and is someone to be emulated, or at least listened to.

This is why I'm making myself re-read the Bible as an agnostic. I like Jesus. I just don't like people who like Jesus.

That was totally not my experience @ catholic school!