WTF Fly and Ape are rethinking that whole atheism thing

BTW, why are you taking that Dave Ramsey class? Your financial knowledge already far exceeds what they have been teaching. And technically, some of what they teach is actually detrimental.

"Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money."

^^that? That sounds redonkulous.

I bet they encouraging tithing.

THEY DO. They put tithing about housing costs and debt repayment.

So I decided to start giving to charity. Not 10 percent but at least something every month. So has a big FU to Dave Asshat Ramsey, my charitable donations are going to: ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Equal Rights Organizations, Abortion Rights, etc.

:twirl:

"Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God's ways of handling money."

^^that? That sounds redonkulous.

I bet they encouraging tithing.
Written and developed by Dave Ramsey!

My parents are religious and bought this for us many years ago. It's typically held in a church for obvious reasons. I think my parents tried to get us to go to church this way.

Fly and I just rolled our eyes during the churchy stuff and ate their food.

THEY DO. They put tithing about housing costs and debt repayment.

So I decided to start giving to charity. Not 10 percent but at least something every month. So has a big FU to Dave Asshat Ramsey, my charitable donations are going to: ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Equal Rights Organizations, Abortion Rights, etc.

:twirl:
FUCKING WINNING :lol: !!!!

BTW, why are you taking that Dave Ramsey class? Your financial knowledge already far exceeds what they have been teaching. And technically, some of what they teach is actually detrimental.

Yeah, its been really disappointing. My issue is that I have ZERO maturity regarding what I spend my money on. If I want something, I buy it. I've been off credit cards for about a year now so at least I'm not digging further into debt but I'm also not making any progress on my debt.

Written and developed by Dave Ramsey!

My parents are religious and bought this for us many years ago. It's typically held in a church for obvious reasons. I think my parents tried to get us to go to church this way.

Fly and I just rolled our eyes during the churchy stuff and ate their food.

YOU GOT FOOD????

This is why I'm making myself re-read the Bible as an agnostic. I like Jesus. I just don't like people who like Jesus.

I was raised catholic (not super-retard catholic (or baptist maybe?) like you), but i just cant buy into it. There is definitely shit i cant explain, and a dude doesnt get remembered for 2000 years without something being extraordinary about him, but i never much cared for the ritual of church.

Im unsure as to exactly who/what jesus was (i guess thats agnostic), but somehow it still feels right that theres some higher meaning out there. Not one named "god" or "allah" or "jehovah". Those are just manmade definitions, something more universal.

Yeah, its been really disappointing. My issue is that I have ZERO maturity regarding what I spend my money on. If I want something, I buy it. I've been off credit cards for about a year now so at least I'm not digging further into debt but I'm also not making any progress on my debt.

Three things that are bad about Dave Ramsey:

1. Credit cards are not BAD. They are VERY good.
2. Home mortgage debt is good.
3. Paying off the smallest debt first is dumb. Pay off the debt with the HIGHEST APR

And stop being a dumb consumer dammit! :rant:

I was raised catholic (not super-retard catholic (or baptist maybe?) like you), but i just cant buy into it. There is definitely shit i cant explain, and a dude doesnt get remembered for 2000 years without something being extraordinary about him, but i never much cared for the ritual of church.

Im unsure as to exactly who/what jesus was (i guess thats agnostic), but somehow it still feels right that theres some higher meaning out there. Not one named "god" or "allah" or "jehovah". Those are just manmade definitions, something more universal.

Zeus is remembered too. What's special about him?

Yes, I know that Jesus likely existed, but the fact that we remember him now really doesn't mean much.

BuddyJesus.jpg

Him being "remembered" as a blonde haired, blue eyed white guy brings me no end of amusement.

yeah, theres that retard talk again.

Theres basically a guarantee the dude would have been olive skinned unless he was some sort of albino.

Well, he mouthed off a bunch until someone was sick of his shit and nailed him to a cross.

there is that. Doesnt sit well with the current leadership when people start to proclaim you a king, even though you claim not to be one.