Flight 93 memorial blocked.

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12454358/

GOP Rep. from N.C. Charles Taylor blocked a memorial that would be created for those that died on Flight 93 when it crashed in PA back on Sept 11, 2001. All I can say is thank God. I feel for the loss of those families, but they expect us to pony up up to $60 million to build a giant memorial for them out in the middle of nowhere.

Rep. Taylor's reasoning is that "the federal government is already the largest landowner in the country, and he believes that no additional tax dollars should go to more land buying for this or any other memorial. Beyond that, the families have committed to raising half the $60 million needed to build the memorial but so far have raised $7.5 million."

The land is going to cost $10 million because the families are planing a 1,200 acre memorial at the site. Taylor is being pressured not to fight against these families and go ahead and give them whatever they want because it's an election year. I hope he stands his ground. If I lived in his district, I'd vote for him just because he's taken a stance against worthless pork spending.

1,200 acres and tens of millions of dollars? Definite pork. You can practically hear it squealing.

they should just use the millions of dollars that will be made from the movie United 93 to build stated memorial

elpmis said:
they should just use the millions of dollars that will be made from the movie United 93 to build stated memorial
That would be fitting.

ChikkenNoodul said:
They should use the money to arm every citizen of this country;man, woman, and child - that'll give the terrorists somethin' to think about
:)

KNYTE said:
This is one of the few theories about that day that I actually believe.

it's the only thing that makes sense...there are 2 debris fields miles away...that means it was blown apart in mid air

why_ask_why said:
it's the only thing that makes sense...there are 2 debris fields miles away...that means it was blown apart in mid air
Not necessarily. If the plane that large is put into a highly stressful angle of attack it can break apart; the engines could even continue running until deprived of either fuel, air, or electricity which could account for the distance.

FlyNavy said:
Not necessarily. If the plane that large is put into a highly stressful angle of attack it can break apart; the engines could even continue running until deprived of either fuel, air, or electricity which could account for the distance.
Not even worth bothering. Conspiracy people wont listen.

FlyNavy said:

or we shot it :p
I have it from extremely good sources that we did just that

elpmis said:

"It was announced today by the Families of Flight 93 that the Flight 93 National Memorial will receive 10 percent of all box-office revenue collected from the first three days of the North American release of Universal Pictures’ United 93, which opens in theaters on Friday, April 28, 2006.. . . "

Sarcasmo said:
"It was announced today by the Families of Flight 93 that the Flight 93 National Memorial will receive 10 percent of all box-office revenue collected from the first three days of the North American release of Universal Pictures’ United 93, which opens in theaters on Friday, April 28, 2006.. . . "

a whole 10% on 3 days! the generosity is overflowing!!!

Sarcasmo said:
Im going to say that is like 500,000$ MAX...

"A common field one day. A field of honor forever."

God, people just eat up this patriotism crap. I'm all for protecting my home and such, but I'm sure as hell not going to weep at the grave of everyone who has ever died in an unfortunate circumstance. It's such a weepy load of crap.

It sucks that those people died, but not any more than anyone else who has ever died in a violent action. Do we really need a "sacred field" just because a friggin' plane went down with some nutjobs on board and some pissed off passengers?

I think the "war on terror" is turning us into the Soviet Union. Monuments to nothing, glorious national heroes everywhere...

Sarcasmo said:
"A common field one day. A field of honor forever."

God, people just eat up this patriotism crap. I'm all for protecting my home and such, but I'm sure as hell not going to weep at the grave of everyone who has ever died in an unfortunate circumstance. It's such a weepy load of crap.

It sucks that those people died, but not any more than anyone else who has ever died in a violent action. Do we really need a "sacred field" just because a friggin' plane went down with some nutjobs on board and some pissed off passengers?

I think the "war on terror" is turning us into the Soviet Union. Monuments to nothing, glorious national heroes everywhere...
This really has nothing to do with patriotism. It's more feel good politics than anything else. Strangely enough it's John Murtha (D-PA) who started the whole 2200 acres thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_93_National_Memorial