fix america

Don't make sense anymore? Well if they don't make sense then there's no way to fix America because it simply doesn't exist. Those scribbly lines are the only thing that give the government of this country it's legitimacy and legal authority.

haha, bush and cheney have both wiped their asses with that

I guarantee we wouldn't be in iraq...sounds 1000000x better to me

I do agree with that but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have done other things to absolutely ruin our ecomony - LOL INCONVENIENT BULLSHIT - or strip our freedoms - LOL GUN CONTROL - or put even more power and money into the hands of an ever-growing federal government - LOL THREE TRILLION DOLLAR BUDGET.

Basically he would have been just as much of a fuckup but a fuckup in different ways. He's the same brand of elitist power hungry prick as Bush.

Don't make sense anymore? Well if they don't make sense then there's no way to fix America because it simply doesn't exist. Those scribbly lines are the only thing that give the government of this country it's legitimacy and legal authority.

sorry, they are not scribbly little lines...

they are blurred beyond the point of making sense anymore? better :D

and as for "this country its legitimacy and legal authority" Bush already pissed on those

Edit - It just isnt worth what it used to be and barely means anything to our government or the people they serve.

Last edited:
sorry, they are not scribbly little lines...

they are blurred beyond the point of making sense anymore? better :D
No, we can still read them. And we can make sense of them. The problem comes when people try to interpret it as a "living document" in which the meaning changes with time. It doesn't. It means exactly the same thing today that it meant when it was written. The men who wrote it did so in very specific terms and intended it to be interpreted in their words, not ours.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do people just not get?
and as for "this country its legitimacy and legal authority" Bush already pissed on those

Edit - It just isnt worth what it used to be and barely means anything to our government or the people they serve.
Oh it certainly is worth what is used to be. Just because the people don't respect it don't recognize that doesn't mean the rest of us are going to give up on it. Those that don't see the value in the Constitution do not see the value in America. If they don't recognize the Constitution - ALL parts of it - then they simply don't recognize America as a whole and don't deserve a moment's consideration or a penny of assistance.

That document is the only thing that legitimizes this country. That's it. The only way for a government to have authority is force or the consent of the people. That document is the consent of the people. The day it loses all meaning is the day America ceases to exist.

Last edited:
No, we can still read them. And we can make sense of them. The problem comes when people try to interpret it as a "living document" in which the meaning changes with time. It doesn't. It means exactly the same thing today that it meant when it was written. The men who wrote it did so in very specific terms and intended it to be interpreted in their words, not ours.

What part of "shall not be infringed" do people just not get? Oh it certainly is worth what is used to be. Just because the people don't respect it don't recognize that doesn't mean the rest of us are going to give up on it. Those that don't see the value in the Constitution do not see the value in America. If they don't recognize the Constitution - ALL parts of it - then they simply don't recognize America as a whole and don't deserve a moment's consideration or a penny of assistance.

That document is the only thing that legitimizes this country. That's it. The only way for a government to have authority is force or the consent of the people. That document is the consent of the people. The day it loses all meaning is the day America ceases to exist.

It is hard to respect something that gets 0 respect from the person who should respect it the most, our president.

I do agree with that but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have done other things to absolutely ruin our ecomony - LOL INCONVENIENT BULLSHIT - or strip our freedoms - LOL GUN CONTROL - or put even more power and money into the hands of an ever-growing federal government - LOL THREE TRILLION DOLLAR BUDGET.

Basically he would have been just as much of a fuckup but a fuckup in different ways. He's the same brand of elitist power hungry prick as Bush.

the rest is purely speculative but it's pretty much guaranteed we would not be iraq

I disagree. I respect the Constitution even more because of the past six years. :o

Dont get me wrong, it is an amazing document but it is turning more into fiction as each day passes. Our current president took a big fat shit on it and whos to say the next wont just smear it in his face? Our government is purely running with a total disregard for the people who make up the country. Often times they are more concerned with other country's while not paying attention to the numerous problems of our own. The people are to blame too for not fighting it, instead we bitch on the internet.

Maybe I am being pesimistic but I do not see us improving, even with a new president. We made a giant shit stain in our pants and now were gonna have to burn it clean :fly:

the rest is purely speculative but it's pretty much guaranteed we would not be iraq

No, the rest isn't speculative if one was actually watching his presidential campaign. Those were the policies he held. He wanted an all out gun ban, he wanted gobs of federal cash thrown at the global warming threat, he wanted to seize even more power. His fear mongering of global warming is identical to Bush's fear mongering of terrists. We would have spent the same amount of money fighting the War on Global Warming as we have on the War on Terror.

And he would have increased the War on Drugs. And the War on Poverty. They're all fans of Wars on Nouns because it gets them money and power.

Last edited:
No, the rest isn't speculative if you were actually watching his presidential campaign. Those were the policies he held. He wanted an all out gun ban, he wanted gobs of federal cash thrown at the global warming threat, he wanted to seize even more power. His fear mongering of global warming is identical to Bush's fear mongering of terrists. We would have spent the same amount of money fighting the War on Global Warming as we have on the War on Terror.

And he would have increased the War on Drugs. And the War on Poverty. They're all fans of Wars on Nouns because it gets them money and power.

so he would have fought global warming by accelerating america's separation from oil in favor of "greener pastures"? sign me up

No, the rest isn't speculative if one was actually watching his presidential campaign. Those were the policies he held. He wanted an all out gun ban, he wanted gobs of federal cash thrown at the global warming threat, he wanted to seize even more power. His fear mongering of global warming is identical to Bush's fear mongering of terrists. We would have spent the same amount of money fighting the War on Global Warming as we have on the War on Terror.

That War on Global Warming would have taken twice as many America Troops too :(

Dont get me wrong, it is an amazing document but it is turning more into fiction as each day passes. Our current president took a big fat shit on it and whos to say the next wont just smear it in his face?
She will.
Our government is purely running with a total disregard for the people who make up the country. Often times they are more concerned with other country's while not paying attention to the numerous problems of our own. The people are to blame too for not fighting it, instead we bitch on the internet.
I do what I can. I contact my congress critters as well as my state reps, even my local county board and I'm going to a village assembly next week (or the week after, not sure).

If Ron Paul gets the GOP nod (he won't) then I expect to spend quite a number of hours volunteering for his campaign.

I also like to prepare for a possible scenario in which the proverbial shit hits the fan. :p But at least I try. And I try to convince others to at least give a shit.

edit: and I pay taxes :fly:
Maybe I am being pesimistic but I do not see us improving, even with a new president. We made a giant shit stain in our pants and now were gonna have to burn it clean :fly:
Neither do I. Unless Dr Paul gets into the White House - he won't - then this country will not see what it is to have an honest president with respect for the Constitution. Without that the country won't realize that these are the types of people that should be in Congress and in their state assemblies and in their governor's mansions and in their town councils.

We won't improve because not enough people give a fuck.

That War on Global Warming would have taken twice as many America Troops too :(

No troops would have died but you can bet your ass millions would be out of jobs because of the insane regulations he would have put on various industries.

Not only would the power companies start implementing service rationing but airlines and trucking industries would start to simply shut down because there's no fuel flowing from energy companies that need money to actually innovate new technologies. You can't just tell these companies "stop polluting tomorrow" and then accuse them of being greedy when they don't have these super clean technologies already waiting.

Should we get started on how many people would die due to universal health care lowering the standard of care and putting both hospitals and physicians out of business across the country?

No troops would have died but you can bet your ass millions would be out of jobs because of the insane regulations he would have put on various industries.

Not only would the power companies start implementing service rationing but airlines and trucking industries would start to simply shut down because there's no fuel flowing from energy companies that need money to actually innovate new technologies. You can't just tell these companies "stop polluting tomorrow" and then accuse them of being greedy when they don't have these super clean technologies already waiting.

Should we get started on how many people would die due to universal health care lowering the standard of care and putting both hospitals and physicians out of business across the country?

the picture you paint is absurdly rash and extreme <3
that's called cutting off the arm to spite the hand

the picture you paint is absurdly rash and extreme <3
that's called cutting off the arm to spite the hand

true :D but it's certainly possible

had someone told us in 2000 that Bush would invade a country, suspend habeas corpus, use the NSA to wiretap american citizens without warrants, hold american citizens in detention without charge, ignore the geneva conventions, spend half a trillion dollars on a war and encourage the use of mercenaries we'd be saying that's absurdly rash and extreme :p

The only thing that would have kept Gore in check was a Republican Congress. He may have responded to 9/11 differently (and yes, 9/11 still would have happened - Osama hated us just as much back in 96 when he issued his fatwa under the Clinton administration) but we would still be in a foreign war and we would still be spending our grandkids money.

Last edited: