fix america

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
ITT, we fix america. we take a real problem and solve it. here. (the national debt triggered this thread.)
i'd really like to see what y'all think are america's problems and how y'all see a way to solve/better it. there were a lot of ideas mentioned in the other thread...food issues, iraq, national debt...
what are the problems and how are they fixable?
this is just a daydreaming thread, btw. i'm not challenging anyone. i just want to talk about it.

Stop trying to make everything faster and more efficient. That does not equal better. I don't need you to hormone the fuck out of my food so you can grow it faster.

also, AMERICA......FUCK YEAH

Last edited:
legal scams: insurance for example.

special interest groups running politics.

too many people below the poverty line and the widening gap betw haves and have nots. the systematic squeezing out of the middle class.

lack of personal responsibility.

litigous society.

beerad's credit.

national debt
Same way one fixes personal debt. Stop spending more money than you take in. Stop borrowing.
food issues
Do you mean availability or quality control? There's no issue with availability, there's enough food in America to feed twice our population.

Quality control issues are the result of putting such responsibilities in the federal government's hands. Leave it to consumer groups and state governments to keep food safe.
There is no way to fix it. Staying puts us in greater danger because it's exactly what bin Laden and his ilk want. They love the fact that we're in Iraq. The invasion of Iraq was bin laden's reward for 9/11.

Leaving immediately, however, is a bad idea. The government there simply can't control its country but it's getting there and Petraeus is a brilliant man (despite what the shitheads at moveon.org say :rolleyes: ) that has found a way to improve the situation and withdraw troops. Let him do his job and once the government of Iraq itself says "ok, we don't need you guys anymore" then pull everyone out of there, pull everyone out of the middle east and every other nation in which we have troops and never occupy another foreign land again.

sheeeeit.. i'm tall, used to be good looking, come from a family of atheletes with college degrees and IQ's I'd put against any fam.

so.. bugger off with that mess... my kid's bigger than you!!! and he sucks at that little game too.. :fly:

so what your trying to say is you make tall, good looking dumb people??? I rest my case :D

I cant say that without laughing, from what I have seen of you kid he seems like hes got shit figured out. And god knows Janices genes will trump yours so youre all good :fly::heart:

enough with the Wars on Nouns

hey, I know what'll fix america!

constitution-01.gif

scribbly lines written so long ago that they dont make sense anymore?

Don't make sense anymore? Well if they don't make sense then there's no way to fix America because it simply doesn't exist. Those scribbly lines are the only thing that give the government of this country it's legitimacy and legal authority.