Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

This is some rationalizing I heard on the hatebox yesterday. I have no idea where he got the figures, but that doesn’t matter.

paraphrased

“California expects 4 people out of 250,000 to die daily from Covid-19. They already have around 700 people a day die from other causes. So why are they so worried about the virus? They need to worry about the other deaths!”

He also stated at some point that there’s approximately 40 million people in California. That means a total of 640 people a day projected to die from Covid-19, using his own estimates of “4 per 250,000”. Thats a lot of people, almost doubling their normal death rate.

What is wrong with those fuckers? They’ll go to their graves making this out to be less serious than it is.

Is my maths faulty?

• Angry
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
This is some rationalizing I heard on the hatebox yesterday. I have no idea where he got the figures, but that doesn’t matter.

paraphrased

“California expects 4 people out of 250,000 to die daily from Covid-19. They already have around 700 people a day die from other causes. So why are they so worried about the virus? They need to worry about the other deaths!”

He also stated at some point that there’s approximately 40 million people in California. That means a total of 640 people a day projected to die from Covid-19, using his own estimates of “4 per 250,000”. Thats a lot of people, almost doubling their normal death rate.

What is wrong with those fuckers? They’ll go to their graves making this out to be less serious than it is.

Is my maths faulty?

where's the projections for suicide and the impending murders? i've got a few ideas,.. seriously

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Immigrant
Liquor stores are considered an essential service here and there are lineups outside, with people 2m apart.
Yup, our premier here in NS said exactly that.

"There are, quite frankly, those Nova Scotians whose health requirements need access to this product" "We also know that there are family situations where people are living in very difficult situations where the restriction of this product could escalate that."

Meanwhile in Alberta...

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
Yup, our premier here in NS said exactly that.

"There are, quite frankly, those Nova Scotians whose health requirements need access to this product" "We also know that there are family situations where people are living in very difficult situations where the restriction of this product could escalate that."

Meanwhile in Alberta...

As someone who has been through pretty bad withdrawals, I get it.

you can literally dies from alcohol withdrawal. Keeping detoxing people out of hospitals right Now is the better choice

@nukes Are you aware of the Paycheck Protection Program? Super sweet deal for small businesses. Low interest loans with 8 weeks of expenses for rent, utilities, payroll, etc forgiven as long you promise to keep your employees (you).

I just found out about it this morning. Contact your local bank.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
@nukes Are you aware of the Paycheck Protection Program? Super sweet deal for small businesses. Low interest loans with 8 weeks of expenses for rent, utilities, payroll, etc forgiven as long you promise to keep your employees (you).

I just found out about it this morning. Contact your local bank.
My corporation folded last year. I dumped the cab at that point.
Of course the gloryhole is just a bullshit story to get people's panties in a bunch, but I'm as under employed as I've ever been in about 25 years.
Waiting for my Instacart starter package.
Thanks for the tip tho bro, seriously.

My corporation folded last year. I dumped the cab at that point.
Of course the gloryhole is just a bullshit story to get people's panties in a bunch, but I'm as under employed as I've ever been in about 25 years.
Waiting for my Instacart starter package.
Thanks for the tip tho bro, seriously.
Well shit. What are you doing these days that we can make fun of then??

Well shit. What are you doing these days that we can make fun of then??
Instacart by Friday.
5% I got "hired" by Amazon warehouse two days ago but Lucy wisely vetoed. Id have to quit for a month for surgery/recovery in just 5 weeks. That would probably burn a bridge with Amazon. Not smart.
She doesn't think I'm up to doing warehouse work on an overnight shift.
That's an entirely different discussion.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia