Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Friend of the wife's called and invited us to a wedding reception.
I commented from across the room, "they gonna get together and spread the covids around?".
Chick on the phone couldn't hear what I said so she says, "what?".
The wife, without missing a beat, replies, "he says congratulations".
Satisfied with the response the girl chatter continues on.

So yeah, probably just send a card or something.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: fly and Immigrant
soooo

my step daughter who’s in university is staying in residence
-a kid down her hall who just got to res HIS PARENTS both tested positive for covid
-Kid has been in common areas
-step daughter has not seen him but has been in common areas
-TODAY ceo + stepson went to res to drop off boxes
-we got the phone call AFTER they left
-kid is in isolation and got tested an hour ago

so now everyone is freaking out

i think everyone should be ok
Agreed. Almost half of people who get it don't ever infect anyone else anyway.

IIRC, about 40% of people never spread the virus (even in the same house), 50% of people spread it to 1-2 people, and 10% of people (called superspreaders) spread it to a fuckton of people.

Here's some articles about it. They're from June, but haven't seen anything since that says its incorrect.

IIRC, about 40% of people never spread the virus (even in the same house), 50% of people spread it to 1-2 people, and 10% of people (called superspreaders) spread it to a fuckton of people.

Here's some articles about it. They're from June, but haven't seen anything since that says its incorrect.

good now i feel even better about not running to get the vaxxxxx

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
good now i feel even better about not running to get the vaxxxxx
It's all just chance. You could go around letting people cough in your mouth for the next year. If you get lucky, none of those people will be actively shedding virus when they do it. Yay, you won!

Except the down side is that you could end up with permanent heart and lung damage, or dead, or spread it and do the same to someone you care about.

It's all just chance. You could go around letting people cough in your mouth for the next year. If you get lucky, none of those people will be actively shedding virus when they do it. Yay, you won!

Except the down side is that you could end up with permanent heart and lung damage, or dead, or spread it and do the same to someone you care about.
Don't forget unknown neurological damage

From what I've read, the majority of deaths have a preexisting condition AKA comorbidity. If you're young and fit, you probably won't die - just the possibility of lifelong heart and lung damage.

:nev:
Already having life-long heart and lung damage from bleomycin, it's not as terrible as you might think.

Not that it's really a picnic or anything.

• Sad
Reactions: Immigrant