Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

I'm thinking this mindset is either stupidity and / or people who have never had to experience real struggle before. It's this spoiled, entitled, fuck other people because I'm being mildly inconvenienced behavior.

It's so.... American to act that way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I see a lot of the people who aren't taking it seriously / are yelling for things to be loosened because they haven't had anyone close to them or anyone they know come down with the virus. It doesn't affect me why should I care type of mindset as well as thinking the media has completely overblown this like they do every time there is a hurricane about to hit the south or a snow storm about to hit the north.

I see a lot of the people who aren't taking it seriously / are yelling for things to be loosened because they haven't had anyone close to them or anyone they know come down with the virus. It doesn't affect me why should I care type of mindset as well as thinking the media has completely overblown this like they do every time there is a hurricane about to hit the south or a snow storm about to hit the north.
Yup. Stupidity.

Is it fuck. It's not that deadly. It's just a pandemic for media scare tactics to avoid real world problems. I'm going out and I'm supporting local business and people. I'm not a high risk group. If you are then stay indoors. If you're not then carry the fuck on. I'm not changing my life unless someone with a brain instructs me otherwise, and considering who is supposedly running this country that seems unlikely to occur. Being at the pub seems the best British solution to this and any other issue.
How you went from this to now

This totally anecdotal but I've seen 2 bunches of folks here who weren't masking up and taking precautions they should be.

One was a couple body shop/mechanic shop/"we finance anybody" used car lots where they got the guys in the back piecing together the cars they loan shark out the front.
Those guys are mostly recently arrived or illegal immigrants with probably a couple ex-felons mixed in and don't have much in the way of formal education, at least not for something like this.

The other was a well to do subdivision full of degreed professionals all out in the streets hand shaking and back slapping and close talking with herds of kids running in groups playing together and slobbering on each other and nobody wearing a mask or keeping distance.

So basically one low educated who just kinda don't get it and one high educated who I guess figure they get to pick and choose which of society's rules or expectations they want to follow.

Not to broad-brush either of those groups, just a couple things I happened to see for myself.
In general, vast majority here are still doing what they're supposed to do.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I'm thinking this mindset is either stupidity and / or people who have never had to experience real struggle before. It's this spoiled, entitled, fuck other people because I'm being mildly inconvenienced behavior.

It's so.... American to act that way.

there's a lot of focus here on "freedom," but most people understand it framed as "freedom to" instead of "freedom from," and that one word makes a lot of difference in the mindset. with freedom TO, it means I do what I want, when I want, how I want, and you also can do that, but also too fuckin bad if me doing a freedom infringes on yours bc you have the freedom to fuck off about it. framing it as freedom *from* something codifies understanding that people should have the freedom from other peoples' "freedoms" that infringe on their own.

that doesn't account for the fact that some people view anything they don't like as tyranny, but i suggest those people grow up, get over their mommy issues, and understand that sometimes they're gonna be told what to do or what not to do (like hi hello we have laws, the job of which is literally to do that) and also, as with cleaning your room, you should do it because it's the right thing to do without being told, but if you don't you might find yourself grounded until you learn to behave like a member of this household.

Thank goodness we don’t have a current war on American soil, or even had to relive WWII. Half these fuckers would complain about their rights being trampled and before you know it, we’d all be drinking warm beer spelled bier or something.

Im still,pissed about the one-day news cycle that was the heroes fund. Now, they’re pushing for UBI of $2k a month, and that will make it about as far as the other bill did.

May as well. It’s not as though money is real anyway.

I also wonder if these fuckers crying for a sudden reopening would be willing to hand over two family members in exchange for freedumb.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia