Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

We had the flu end of January. Four of us and my sister got it. Husband and oldest kid got out unscathed even though baby definitely shared germs with everyone. Part of me wants it to have been covid (we would be out of breath from the tiniest things for two weeks) but the sensible part of me knows that that likelihood is very very small.

our home depot was curb side pick up only

order online
wait for confirmation email (could take 5 days)
line up in the parking lot
someone brings you your order
you drive away

this is why our body count is lower than yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your local body count is higher than mine, both in number of people and in % of population.

We had the flu end of January. Four of us and my sister got it. Husband and oldest kid got out unscathed even though baby definitely shared germs with everyone. Part of me wants it to have been covid (we would be out of breath from the tiniest things for two weeks) but the sensible part of me knows that that likelihood is very very small.
No free antibody testing there yet?

Our numbers aren't trustworthy.

Locally, specifically, they've been doing a pretty good job with this thing. People doing what they're supposed to do. Plenty of room and gear in the hospital's, etc. Couple "hot spot" flare ups, mostly in nursing homes, which is kind of expected.
I do suspect there's stuff going on in the jails that isn't getting reported.

This outrage over having to wear a mask to enter certain stores and businesses and having to wait in line because of capacity restrictions is absolutely mind numbing to me. I witnessed a group of people throwing a fit about it yesterday outside a local market and the police actually having to be called. "They are violating my constitutional rights!!" Really lady? Does the sign on the door that says so shirt, no shoes, no service violate your constitutional rights too?

@Mrs. Valve saw two people tossed outta the county liquor store the other day for not wearing masks, which is store policy now.

Then they started arguing outside about it.

Fucking losers.

The best was that when she was waiting in the tex-mex pickup line on the 5th, the loudmouth football coach who was bragging about not following virus guidance, and was bitching about NOT HAVING HIS MARGARITAS yet, not only tripped on the sidewalk after collecting this order, he didn't close the tailgate on his SUV properly.

So when he peeled out of the parking lot while talking on the phone, all the food flew out into the street and he didn't notice, and drove off.

People have been pretty good around here so far as I've witnessed. People wearing masks and acting reasonably patient.
But I've heard a few disturbing stories.
One was a couple guys not wearing masks roughing up an older man who was wearing a mask and said something to them. Don't know the real details though.

When the day comes I'm getting beat up by a gang of youngins, I hope the people documenting it for youtube have the sense to call 911 first.

my plastic surgery office lady just told be that by May 18th they will have a better idea on when they will open and start running
but she thinks JULY

You're gonna look like you're 116 years old by then.
Might want consider a little medical tourism to your neighbor to the south.

Me either really. I arbitrarily assigned the probability at 20%.

Here anyway, even when they were only testing people who were showing some kind of symptoms, the high end of the positive rate was around 10%-12%.

Meaning 9 out of 10 people had something other than covid but I suspect seasonal allergies played a big part in that.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
You're gonna look like you're 116 years old by then.
Might want consider a little medical tourism to your neighbor to the south.

i’ve had stuff done in south america before i rented my properties out
if i go now (which would be soooo much cheaper) id have to stay in an airbnb or my aunts house where there’s like murders every hour on the hour
no thanks i’d rather pay 12x the price and be home safe