Final Account Statement from Apartment Complex

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
So, yesterday we got the mail and had this THICK ASS letter from the apartment complex we recently moved out from. We knew this was the accounting we were dreading. After 4 years and 8 animals, and 4 people, the place had seen better days. To our credit we did spend 2 full days cleaning... and you'll note not a single charge for cleaning :fly: well... besides the carpets, which were a lost cause from the get go

50.00 1 garage key missing
3.98 2 broken patio slats
24.62 final water bill
(4.56) interest on deposit held
40.00 Labor for replacing damaged master bedroom door (flynavy)
36.40 Replaced master bedroom door
74.30 Replaced 60 ft of baseboards due to damage
176.16 Replaced all carpets due to stains and holes
157.15 Replaced carpet on stairs due to stain and pet odor
112.32 Replaced carpet pad due to stain and pet odor
8.12 replaced damanged blinds in bedroom 47x60
108.03 replaced damaged stove top due to 4 large chips
25.00 re-screened patio screen door due to multiple holes

22.70 Balance at Move out
(1215.00) Total Deposits
811.52 Total additional charges
----------------------
(380.78) Account balance refund due

seriously, wtf, we trashed that place

Nice. Since you weren't planning on the money, you should just send it to me.

that's the other part, as I recall, flynavy put up all the money for the deposits (except for the non-refundable $250 pet deposit) so technically it's his money

You turned the whole place into an indoor pool?
I was only aware of damage in the bathroom and the hallway, where the cat's water bowl was at various times.

edit: OH wait, yes, part of the baseboard got soaked when we tried using an enzymatic cleaner to take care of cat spray after we first moved.

I'm not completely sure here. Are you bragging?

its a general WTF because I've never gotten a deposit back from an apartment complex before, and of all the places I lived, this one I deserved to have the whole thing kept, in fact we were pretty sure we'd be OWING them... I mean, they had to replace the carpet and pad for the entire place (over 1100sq ft)

that's the other part, as I recall, flynavy put up all the money for the deposits (except for the non-refundable $250 pet deposit) so technically it's his money

Wait wait wait wait.... aren't you married?

Don't you know marriage = his money= YOUR money? :fly:

33246.jpg