Father's Day Present - I'm keeping this one

lemon_fresh

Half-staff Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥5
So the wife bought me an early gift for Father's Day.

Here's a pic:
ipod-u2-special-edition.jpg

In a nutshell, what I really wanted was a 19" Viewsonic LCD and maybe newer video card, yes I am a nerdling. Instead I got this: A really nice iPod.

I'm keeping it even though I lack a car stereo with an input for it. That's really what I want an iPod for, limitless commercial free music in the car.

Perhaps X-mas will see an upgraded stereo in the 'lude.

Content: Should I swap the U2 edition for a Nano? Is the video worth it?

Last edited:
do you have a cassette player? If so get a cassette to headphone jack converter thingie. That's how JJ does it :D

Edit:

One of these:
cassette-adapter-small.jpg

ERage said:
do you have a cassette player? If so get a cassette to headphone jack converter thingie. That's how JJ does it :D

No, if I did I would have already picked one up.

I've only heard BAD things about the little FM transmitters though, so I'm not considering that.

lemon_fresh said:

I've only heard BAD things about the little FM transmitters though, so I'm not considering that.

Dunno if it means anything, but the wifes XM radio uses the FM tranmitter deal and it works just fine.

lemon_fresh said:

hahahahaha, my shitty pickup truck with the factory am/fm radio from 1996 can play an IPOD with a cassette adapter but your fancy schmancy radio can't.

Damn, that actually made me feel worse. :( I need a new car :fly:

lemon_fresh said:
So the wife bought me an early gift for Father's Day.

In a nutshell, what I really wanted was a 19' Viewsonic LCD and maybe newer video card, yes I am a nerdling. Instead I got this: A really nice iPod.

I imagine a 19 foot computer monitor was probably a little expensive, which is why she went with an Ipod instead. :fly:

kiwi said:
I imagine a 19 foot computer monitor was probably a little expensive, which is why she went with an Ipod instead. :fly:

As I was typing it I knew I was going to make that mistake.

' = ft
" = inches

ok got it.

My dad is getting the expensive car wash stuff he likes, and FB's dad is getting a "what if..." history book.

Between 2 dads for fathers day, 2 neices birthdays, brother in laws birthday our extra cash is tight this month... stupid FB having a big family.

May was no better, 2 mom's for mothers day, 2 sisters birthday, and a brother in law's birthday.

And so it goes on for nearly every month except for December- which is perfect, because instead of buying for 17 people (his side only!!!) over the course of 11 months, we get to buy for all of them in 1 month.

Oh the wonderfly nice thigns I could buy for myself if his family would just get over the birthday gift buying thing.

/rant

Sorry, I'm PMSing and cranky!

we don't buy gifts all the time. cards are good enough, and we really only do gifts at christmas. birthdays for kids, but that's it.

Getting my dad a pair of 62mm Ray Ban classic Aviators with Gilt Gold trim and gunmetal Bausch & Lomb lenses. Not for something as fake as fathers day though, it's for his birthday.